Ornge is a modern, vital, evolving organization that is dedicated to providing the highest quality transport medicine services to the province of Ontario. From air transport to the critical care land transport program, we provide a range of services to patients and hospitals across the province. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated and energetic and who are looking for a career with a dynamic, patient-focused organization. Ornge is committed to creating and promoting diversity, accessibility and inclusion in the workplace.
Ornge Air is seeking an Aviation Safety Specialist.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: AVIATION SAFETY SPECIALIST
POSITION STATUS: PERMANENT; FULL-TIME
LOCATION: 5310 EXPLORER DRIVE, MISSISSAUGA
REPORTING TO: MANAGER, AVIATION SAFETY
The Aviation Safety Specialist will provide daily support to the Aviation Safety department with a focus on strengthening safety program through effective data analytics. The Aviation Safety Specialist will develop, implement, and maintain robust Aviation Safety monitoring tools and best practices. This role will play an integral part in providing all departments with regular safety data reporting to support and lead informed operational decisions. The role will also support the Flight Data Analysis programs through effective monitoring and oversight in collaboration with the Gatekeepers. Additionally, they will provide user support for the Q-Pulse program to Aviation staff.
• Develop and implement Aviation Safety monitoring practices;
• Establish trend monitoring framework for all Aviation Safety data sources;
• Prepare and present Safety data analysis, summaries, and findings to various audiences including management, senior management, and
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to integrate safety related data from all areas of the operation;
• Oversee FDA data monitoring, analysis, and reporting in support of the FDA programs;
• Support Safety investigations, as well as the Safety Investigators, through trend analysis of safety reporting, fatigue analysis, CADORS events,
and other safety related activities;
• Participate in Aviation Safety department activities and projects;
• Assist with regular Aviation Safety department tasks; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary degree or diploma or equivalent experience in aviation safety management;
• Minimum three (3) years’ of relevant operational experience in aviation or related industry;
• Experience in Aviation Safety or Investigations is preferred;
• Understanding of Safety Management Systems (SMS) principles and application;
• Strong understanding of the aviation regulator system, including familiarity with the aviation environment throughout the province of Ontario;
• Strong computer acumen (Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook), Adobe Suite (Acrobat, Life Cycle);
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including experience with leading meetings, delivering presentations, preparing
correspondence, writing reports, etc.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Experience using Q-Pulse and AVAIO is an asset;
• Ability to establish and effectively manage numerous priorities and meet deadlines through strong planning and organizational skills;
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member;
• Willingness to travel occasionally (short notice) and the ability to work flexible hours.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply on-line at www.ornge.ca/careers by end of day May 3, 2020. If you require a disability accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us and provide your contact information. A Human Resources representative with contact you within 48 hours. Ornge is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.