AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
REPORTS TO: Chief Pilot; Flight Operations Manager
Located in one of Canada’s most beautiful areas, the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer role is based in Campbell River on Vancouver Island.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: Employer paid extended health, vision and dental coverage (including family)
Minimum Education: 2 years Technical Training
Minimum Experience: 5 years min experience
Positions Available: 1
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
This full-time permanent position offers an enviable lifestyle for an experienced member of the aviation industry. You are customer focused, a self starter, and are driven to see the best possible outcome. You enjoy challenges and are interested in learning new aircraft types. You are highly focused on safety and getting the job done.
You have a natural curiosity to understand how things work, enjoy the troubleshooting process and are not intimidated by the challenge of on-the-job learning, while under pressure to resolve problems quickly.
• Correction of all defects and the completion of planned maintenance tasks on time.
• Ensure airworthiness as defined by Transport Canada.
• Interpret technical manuals, drawings as necessary in order to identify necessary course of action for repairs or inspection items.
• Make all required entries into the aircraft logbooks and be accountable to ensure permanent records are accurate and preserved.
• Utilize CAMP to manage the maintenance program for all aircraft, previous experience with CAMP or similar system will be required.
• Procurement and management of aircraft parts, hardware and materials to be stocked in-house or as needed,
• Negotiate with external repair facilities and suppliers and follow up on quotes and invoices to ensure accuracy and best pricing,
• Be informed and educated in the practice, discipline and execution of the profession to the highest standards.
• Liaison with Transport Canada Maintenance Inspectors, networking with Manufacturer’s technical representatives, and maintenance manager.
• An AME M1 and M2 Licence
• in-depth knowledge of Avionics systems considered an asset
• A Diploma from a Transport Canada accredited Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Program
• Aircraft Maintenance Human Factors Training.
• You are naturally inquisitive
• The ability to communicate efficiently, and to record and interpret technical information.
• Moderate computer skills sufficient to work with internet and computer-based manuals.
• Manage complex technical challenges from identification to complete resolution
Additional Desirable Skills and Assets:
• Pratt & Whitney PT6 experience.
• BE20 specific training
• Medium Jet Experience
• Experience with Collins Proline Fusion
To apply for this position please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AvCanada's free job forum. Please read the first topic in this forum to learn how to post a position opening.
1 post • Page 1 of 1