People define Conair and we currently have an opening for a full time permanent Facilities Maintenance Tech 1 position.
The Facilities Maintenance Tech 1 will perform various preventative maintenance and monitoring procedures, repairs and modifications to buildings, structures, property, utilities and manufacturing equipment.
In this role your duties will include the following:
• Preventative Maintenance for the following; lighting, heating, plumbing, waste water treatment, hazardous/material collection and storage, emergency equipment, eye wash, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, emergency generators, air compressors, vehicles, work stands and ladders;
• Repair building structures, interior walls, floors, ceilings, ducts, HVAC, furniture, fixtures, doors/locks/hinges, painting, refinishing, framing, drywall, roofing, windows, piping, drainage systems, automatic gates, low voltage electrical wiring and equipment, vehicles, and material handling equipment (MHE);
• Fabrication/Modifications for tables, crates, jigs, fixtures and a/c parts (aluminum-wood) partitions;
• Monitor hazardous material waste, fuels, solvents, eye wash, vehicle – MHE and facility safety checks, spill clean-up kits and waste water equipment;
• Perform miscellaneous tasks such as grounds maintenance, snow removal, spill response and clean-up;
• Other related duties as required.
We are looking for someone with:
• Well rounded general knowledge of construction and construction techniques;
• Ability to use a variety of power, hand and measurement tools;
• Ability to interpret construction blue prints and technical repair and service manuals; Knowledge of basic hydraulic/pneumatic processes;
• Must be able to work under physical demanding conditions;
• Quick learner, enthusiastic, energetic and possess mechanical aptitude.
• Completion of high school and be physically fit;
• 2-3 years related experience in construction/manufacturing;
• Forklift, scissor lift and boom lift experience required;
• Valid BC Driver’s License.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com by June 4, 2020 with Facilities Maintenance Tech 1 in the subject line.