Located in beautiful Abbotsford, BC, we deliver a comprehensive range of aerial fire control products and services to a variety of national and international customers and partners. Our long-standing reputation for providing service excellence makes us an industry leader.
Our culture has been built on a team commitment to people, safety and service for over 50 years. We are proud of who we are, what we do and how we do it. Our work environment encourages employees to maximize their potential through teamwork and learning while incorporating our values into everything we do.
If you have never heard of us before, you know why this position was created.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and creative PR & Communications Manager to help spread the word about Conair. With an innate ability to understand the culture of our organization and relate to your audience, you will work with the Director, Business Development to build and execute on an engaging, unique strategy for all internal and external communication initiatives and promotional events.
We are looking for someone with:
• Exceptional communication skills with a proven ability to create engaging content for a variety of mediums;
• Demonstrated experience building effective social media strategies and maintaining a corporate social media presence including the creation and tracking of KPIs;
• Experience working with external teams in graphic design, photography, videography etc.;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that involves multi-tasking, collaborative work and tight deadlines;
• Minimum of 3 years experience in Public Relations, Communications or a related field;
• Solid skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Previous Events/Promotions experience would be an asset;
• Experience in graphic design or working with Photoshop is considered an asset but not required;
• Full-time availability with the ability to work evenings and weekends when required.
• Diploma or post-secondary education in Public Relations, Communications or a related field;
If this sounds like you and are looking for an exciting change, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2020 with Public Relations and Communications Manager in the subject line.
If you have submitted an application previously, there is no need to reapply.
Conair is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.