clearGRID is a growing company that specializes in aerial data collection. Our fleet of single and light twin aircrafts and dynamic nature of work provide our employees with a fun, fast and challenging atmosphere. We provide a unique opportunity to work with flexible work hours and work locations, medical benefits, a friendly team atmosphere, and opportunity for career growth. The quality of our people is our company’s biggest asset; our goals are to deliver a safe, reliable, high-quality service to our clients.
Chief Pilot, reporting to the Operations Manager, shall be responsible for the pilot roster at clearGRID. The Chief Pilot is an integral position within the business who maintains responsibility for the flight crew needs of clearGRID and the proper usage of flight operations resources. The Chief Pilot, in collaboration with the Operations Manager, shall ensure that clearGRID flight operations are organized and follow all requirements and standards of the business and Transport Canada. Responsibilities and accountabilities to include:
- Meeting all qualifications and requirements of a Chief Pilot as required by Transport Canada under CASS 722.07;
- Coach, mentor, and develop pilots through their career;
- Responsible for the maintenance, improvement, and adherence of standard operating procedures in respect of aircrafts operated by clearGRID;
- Responsible for the maintenance, improvement, and implementation of training programs as per Transport Canada requirements for clearGRID flight operations;
- Manage the roster of pilots at clearGRID, including the hiring and dismissal of pilots;
- Responsible for flight crew onboarding, record keeping, and recurrent training schedule;
- Responsible for the proficiency of flight crew resources to the needs of clearGRID flight operations;
- Responsible for ensuring that crews are compliant with all Canadian Air Regulations as required;
- Ensuring that operations are suitable for aircrafts operated by clearGRID;
- Ensuring that flight operations resources are not misused or abused;
- Responsible for ensuring flight crew are up to clearGRID and Transport Canada standards of proficiency;
- Recommending to the Operations Manager any needs which their scope of responsibilities may require to accomplish their duties;
- Coordination of pilot duties and activities;
- Maintaining personal flight currency and proficiency as required by performing flight duties;
- Support the Operations Manager in future requirements and ongoing improvements
- Continuation and improvement of proactive Pilot Safety Program;
- Participate in SMS investigations and carry out corrective action plans for risk mitigation;
- Oversee and provide support for Sub-base Lead Pilots;
- Oversee and provide support for Training Pilots;
- Carry out Operations Manager duties under CASS 722.07 as delegated by the Operations Manager which include manual amendments and regular communication with Transport Canada on operational regulations;
- Other duties as assigned.
CYBW. Occasional travel required.
o Valid Transport Canada CPL license;
o Valid Transport Canada MIFR Rating;
o A minimum of 1500 hrs TT with 100 hrs MPIC;
o Valid Class 3 Flight Instructor or higher is an asset;
o Valid FAA Commercial License is an asset.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
o Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate strong organizational skills;
o Availability for 24/7 operations and on-call shifts/duties;
o Must have strong independent working skills and be self-motivated;
o Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Drive applications;
o Management experience is an asset;
o Previous experience in a 702/703/705 operation is an asset;
o Previous experience building training programs is an asset;
o Experience on Diamond DA-20, DA-40, DA-42 is an asset;
o Experience on C172/C310 is an asset;
o Experience with GTN650/GNS430W/G1000 is an asset.
We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Recruitment will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply to clearGRID through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all who apply, however only those people selected for interviews will be contacted. clearGRID may retain applications and resumes on file for future opportunities. clearGRID is an equal opportunity employer.