ABOUT SPRINGER AEROSPACE
Located near Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Springer Aerospace has over 45 years of experience in maintaining and operating aircraft, is one of Canada’s oldest aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) companies. Transport Canada certified, Springer Aerospace provides quality aircraft maintenance services to a wide range of customers, such as airlines, commercial operators, and private owners. From routine maintenance to complete overhauls, structural repairs, and major modifications, Springer Aerospace is uniquely positioned within the aerospace industry.
The Aircraft Structures Technician performs aircraft structural inspections, repairs and modification activities in accordance with Manufactures Manuals, Approved Data and the requirements set forth by the Company.
The Aircraft Structures Technician’s main duties and responsibilities are broken into the following general sections:
Perform inspections, fabricate, assemble, install, and repair aircraft sheet metal structures and components;
Restore or repair defects using unique aircraft fastening hardware, ferrous and non-ferrous materials;
Perform structural modification;
Manufacture and install aircraft structural components
Conduct corrosion control inspections, repair and treat the materials;
Document discrepancies and raise task cards in accordance with Company Policies & Procedures and Customer’s Manuals as required;
Determine the proper corrective actions required to rectify discrepancies;
Document maintenance actions in accordance with Company Policies & Procedures and Customer’s Manuals as required;
Complete a variety of forms, tags and documents in accordance with Company Policies & Procedures and Customer’s Manuals as required;
Identify parts required and raise Purchase Requests;
Work in close coordination with the Project and Trade Supervisors to ensure that the work is performed within the scheduled timeframe;
Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Company quality standards, policies & procedures and Regulatory Authority requirements (TC, FAA, etc.);
General Administrative & Management
Ensure the workplace is clean and safe at all times;
Promote Safety Management System & raise SMS’s whenever required;
Actively explore new ways to increase productivity while maintaining quality;
Promote Continuous Improvement Activities & Incentives;
Adhere to 5S Program;
Adhere to company Policies and Procedures;
Adhere to Employee Conduct Agreement;
Adhere to Safety Policies.
Qualifications and Physical Demands:
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Capacity to compute rate, ratio, and percentages
• Capable of solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to work with a respirator
• Ability to use tools, equipment, and materials in the aircraft paint stripping process and paint preparation process
• Able to climb ladders and stairs, perform close tolerance work, work in small spaces lift up to 50 pounds and work any shift
• Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance
• Ability to perform work at heights up to 50 feet
• The employee is frequently required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, colour vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Employee must be able to climb ladders and stairs. Working in small restricted areas are also required
• Expected to execute duties in all weather conditions and environments
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage you to apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**This represents an overview of the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the job.
AvCanada's free job forum. Please read the first topic in this forum to learn how to post a position opening.
1 post • Page 1 of 1