Avmax Group Inc. is looking for a Facilities Maintenance Manager (Part Time) for it's facilities
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer specific duties include:
• Manage and maintain HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems and equipment.
• Perform the day to day operation of the maintenance department.
• Responsible for the upkeep and preservation of Avmax grounds, including landscaping and snow removal.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on daily equipment and facility such as replacing light bulbs.
• Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
• Involved in all aspects of building maintenance requirements for all new construction, renovations, or updates to current systems.
• Perform, coordinate, and monitor contractor activities for projects.
• Accountable for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems, and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.
• Work with site-wide building maintenance to ensure compliance to any construction, renovation, or updates.
• Support department management, project managers and consultants as required.
• Update and maintain information in Avmax records systems and department databases.
• Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
• Maintain adequate supplies and equipment for the maintenance department.
• Requisition work to be completed through Purchasing.
• Attend meetings as required.
• Meet with Fire Department, Hydro, etc. as required.
• Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
• Operate grounds-keeping power equipment and maintain external property.
• Adhere to departmental procedures and systems, e.g. "systems for preventative maintenance", "maintenance requisitions", scheduled work, and continued quality improvement/risk management programs.
• Perform minor construction work, e.g. dismantling and erecting walls, finish carpentry work, pouring concrete, etc.
• Maintain inventory of new equipment, manuals, and warranties.
• Troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain various electrical components, appliances, and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program, and departmental procedures.
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance checks of all electrical alarms.
• Initiate safety concerns and make judgment on the best methods of completing tasks.
• Accountable for short-term planning and keeping appropriate authorities aware of decisions being made.
• Organize invoices and accounts payable.
• Prepare monthly reports and budget.
• High school diploma/GED Completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and Facilities Maintenance Coordination experience.
• Highly motivated and able to work independently.
• Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
• Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment.
• Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership.
• Building trades certificate or equivalent desirable.
• Knowledge and ability to work on 110v up to and including 600v system and equipment.
• Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
• Knowledge of local, provincial, and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances, and legislation.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Excellent time management and project management skills.
• Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email.
• First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets.
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in building maintenance.
• Previous management experience required.
Applicants should apply online at: http://www.avmax.com
Avmax Group Inc. is dedicated to, and prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome the diversity of all of our employees. Avmax Group Inc. has specific policies in place to prevent discrimination in our hiring practices on the basis of the protected grounds dictated by Canadian legislation. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
In order to be in compliance with the law, employees must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
AvCanada's free job forum. Please read the first topic in this forum to learn how to post a position opening.
1 post • Page 1 of 1