Job Title: Supervisor, Ground Operations
Job Category: Safety Sensitive
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Ground Operations
Location: Calgary (YYC)
Address: 600 Palmer Road NE
Schedule: Monday - Friday; weekends as required
Posting Expires: July 31, 2020
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send copy of your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please List “YYC Supervisor, Ground Operations” in the subject line.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Supervisor, Ground Operations is responsible for supporting the North Cariboo daily operations by monitoring all aircraft servicing activities and providing direction to Ramp personnel. The Supervisor, Ground Operations must ensure that their wide variety of responsibilities are accomplished in a safe, orderly and accountable manner.
• Supervise the ramp department and personnel
• Assist Ramp Attendants with passenger handling and customer service after CSA hrs
• Organize effective operational use of ramp to avoid delay and conflict
• Coordinate with sub charter companies for Aircraft Placement and Logistics
• Ensure effective communication between Ramp Personnel and Pilots for smooth and safe transition of passengers, baggage and coordination of logistics
• Oversee cargo loading and unloading on to aircraft
• Review and establish policies and procedures, as required; maintain and amend Ramp Manual as required
• Ensure Ramp Training curriculum is up to date and in compliance with both industry and company standards
• Interview and train all ramp personnel
• Evaluate staffing levels and commitments to customers and advise management
• Conduct annual employee reviews for all ramp personnel
• Create and maintain training records
• Ensure all ramp equipment is safely maintained, inspected and documented
• Ensure all Ramp Attendants are performing daily vehicle inspections
• Authorize pay sheets for staff as per operational requirements
• Authorize days off and vacation with discretion
• Make certain there is an effective use of resources and personnel as determined by customer requirements
• Prepare and ensure department can pass an audit or inspection by customers and/or regulators
• Create shift schedules for the department to ensure adequate coverage for customers
• Ensure grooming is maintained to a high quality
• Coordinate with sales staff, charter coordinators and building management for after operations and space availability in the storing of third party aircraft
• Assist with facility/hangar maintenance
• Ensure projects assigned to the department are carried out and completed.
• Actively supports the company Safety Management System by participating in the program and acting appropriately for their role as defined within the SMS Manual.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
• Minimum Grade 12 education with relevant experience
• 1+ year’s supervisory experience in a related field
• Valid driver’s license, in good standing
• Ability to obtain an Airport Restricted Area Pass
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
• Occasional lifting of over 50lbs
Desired Attributes & Assets
The ideal candidate will provide positive service to both internal personnel and external customers. The Supervisor, Ground Operations will maintain positive and effective working relationships with all staff. This position will contribute to the overall performance of the business by achieving required results, as well as demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement strategies.
Why North Cariboo Air?
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance. Ample opportunity for growth and advancement go hand in hand. In fact, helping employees reach their goals is important to us.
Typical benefits include:
• Life Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment
• Short Term & Long Term Disability
• Extended Health & Dental Care
• Health & Wellness Benefits
• On-Site Parking
If you’re wondering whether we’re the right company for you, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them.
AvCanada's free job forum. Please read the first topic in this forum to learn how to post a position opening.
1 post • Page 1 of 1