The Director, Maintenance reports directly to the Vice President, Operations.
The Director, Maintenance is qualified for the position as outlined in Canadian Aviation Regulation 573. The Person Responsible for Maintenance (PRM) has full authority to remove aircraft from service and is directly responsible for maintenance.
• Business Acumen
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Continuous Learning and Development
• Creative and Innovative Thinking
• Emotional Intelligence
• Ethics and Integrity
• Networking and Relationship Building
• People Leadership
• Planning and Organizing
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Research and Analysis
• Results and Quality Orientation
• Strategic Thinking
• Time Management
Key Performance Indicators / Duties & Responsibilities
The Person Responsible for Maintenance has been identified as the Person Responsible for Maintenance Control (PRMC) for R1. The PRMC shall be appointed by the President-Accountable Executive. The PRMC shall be qualified in accordance with CAR 706.03 and shall:
• Plays a vital role in the implementation and continuous development of the SMS functions by implementing the “Department Head” responsibilities listed in the Safety Management System Manual.
• Be responsible for the supervision and co-ordination of all maintenance activities and shall ensure that these activities are accomplished in accordance with the latest policies established by the Company, Transport Canada, and the aircraft manufacturers.
• Ensure that the MCM is up to correct revision status, and remains in compliance of CARs, and is properly distributed and updated.
• Monitor and revise policies as they require change as identified via Quality Assurance audits, SMS requirements, and Transport Canada requirements.
• Ensure all personnel receive training, initial and re-current, human factors, SMS Company Resource management as per Company policy.
• Shall notify the Accountable Executive of Quality Assurance Program and SMS systemic findings and associated corrective actions, as required.
• Ensure SMS reports pertaining to Maintenance or Non-Conformance Reports from the Maintenance Quality Assurance system are reviewed and any Corrective/Preventative Action Plans (if required) are approved, or, in the absence of the Director, Maintenance (PRM) a delegated person who is qualified to hold PRM duties.
• Be the same person who is the PRM for the R1 AMO, as R1 has operations under an AOC certificate and an AMO certificate.
• Per CARS 573.04, the PRM appointed under paragraph 573.03(1)(a) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) shall have acquired a minimum of six years’ experience in the performance or direct supervision of maintenance activities of the type undertaken by the organization, at least six months of which have been obtained within the preceding two years.
• Successful completion of the TC PRM approval process, demonstrating to TC their knowledge of planning, implementation, and direction of maintenance activities like those conducted by company.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in a relevant field (e.g. Communications, Business, Commerce). MBA considered an asset.
• Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups, major projects, or initiatives.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a collaborative management style.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Shows integrity, ingenuity, and assertiveness in the performance of tasks.
• The Director of Maintenance (PRM) appointed under the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) shall have acquired a minimum of six years’ experience in the performance or direct supervision of maintenance activities of the type undertaken by the organization, at least six months of which have been obtained within the preceding two years.
Applicants should apply online at: https://avmaxcanada.applicantpro.com/jobs/1468352.html
Avmax Group offers a competitive compensation package including an optimal benefits plan and pension plan.
Avmax Group Inc. is dedicated to, and prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome the diversity of all of our employees. Avmax Group Inc. has specific policies in place to prevent discrimination in our hiring practices on the basis of the protected grounds dictated by Canadian legislation. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
In order to be in compliance with the law, employees must be legally eligible to work in Canada.