Avmax Group Inc. is looking for a Coordinator, SMS for it's Airlines division
The Coordinator, SMS reports directly to the Director of Safety.
• Team player
• Open minded listening skills
• MS Office
• Safety software literacy
• Report writing
• Public speaking
• Problem solving
Key Performance Indicators / Duties & Responsibilities
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Safety with the day-to-day functions of the company Safety Management System (SMS) program and the Health Security and Environment (HSE) system:
• Assists Department Heads with investigations, root cause analysis, and make recommendations for the implementation corrective/preventative action.
• Maintains the hazard risk register.
• Validates closed safety reports.
• Monitors closed safety reports for reoccurrence (trending).
• Assists Director of Safety monitor SMS performance.
• Researches issues for possible solutions or lessons learned; monitors for safety trends in industry.
• Inducts new employees/contractors in the SMS software.
• Participates in the development and facilitation of SMS/HSE training programs.
• Assist the Director of Safety manage the SMS software (e.g., safety promotion, administrative functions, documentation).
• Entrepreneurial, self-starter attitude with a desire and ability to make a significant impact, both by playing a key operational role and when necessary taking a "roll-up-your-sleeves" attitude to make things happen.
• Shows integrity, ingenuity, and assertiveness in the performance of tasks.
• Exceptional communication skills: an ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to various audiences.
• Outstanding teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge in SMSPro an asset.
• Certificate in HSE (or in progress of working toward).
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in aviation Safety Management System oversight/management.
Aviation-related safety programs
Safety standards applicable to aviation operations
Accident causation and prevention theory
Risk management techniques
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Applicants should apply online at: https://avmaxcanada.applicantpro.com/jobs/1469236.html
Avmax Group offers a competitive compensation package including an optimal benefits plan and pension plan.
Avmax Group Inc. is dedicated to, and prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome the diversity of all of our employees. Avmax Group Inc. has specific policies in place to prevent discrimination in our hiring practices on the basis of the protected grounds dictated by Canadian legislation. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
In order to be in compliance with the law, employees must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
AvCanada's free job forum. Please read the first topic in this forum to learn how to post a position opening.
1 post • Page 1 of 1