Job Category: Safety Sensitive
Position Type: Full Time
Address: 600 Palmer Road NE
Schedule: Monday - Friday; weekends as required
Posting Expires: August 7, 2020
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please visit our website for application instructions, www.flynca.com. Please List “YYC Shipping & Receiving Clerk” in the subject line.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for ensuring the correct control of inventory and management which includes inventory counts on a daily basis, maintaining inventory within North Cariboo’s hangars, accepting, inspecting and receiving external shipments and shipping COMAT, domestic and International packages.
• Perform daily shipping, receiving, inspection and order processing in accordance with MCMs, SMPs and company policies
• Confirm all WHMIS and workplace controlled substances are received, handled and stored in accordance with applicable regulations.
• Prepare and shipment of parts ordered or assigned to other bases, repair stations, and vendors as necessary.
• Coordinate deliveries and routing of AOGs, including export documentation
• Ensure the aircraft parts bins are maintained in orderly manner
• Be cognizant of the need to process dangerous goods in the required way
• Deliver and pick up parts to and from vendors, O/Haul facilities and freight companies
• Be familiar with crating and banding of parts for shipment
• Computer data entry on a regular basis of goods inbound & outbound issuing to Floor and/or transferred to other bases, as required.
• Ensure perpetual daily inventory counts are completed, as assigned.
• Maintain the security of the Inventory in controlled locations. Ensure that all inventory is monitored and accounted for in those areas.
• Resolve any inventory discrepancies via investigation and/or updating of the Computer system.
• Liaison with the Fleet Specialist, or designate, when receiving or signing out Engine Modules, Propellers or any rotables requiring inspection prior to receiving.
• Assist with inspections of shelf life items.
• Ensure that Stores areas are kept clean and organized.
• Assist NCA Maintenance with hangar and facility cleanliness.
• Contact and liaise with environmental disposal company.
• Actively supports the company Safety Management System by participating in the program and acting appropriately for their role as defined within the SMS Manual.
• All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Grade 12 education
• Training and/or experience in inventory management and purchasing
• Knowledge of aircraft parts and knowledge of common hardware
• Ability to multi task and communicate effectively with all functional divisions within the company
• Ability to hold a Transport Canada airside security pass.
• Basic computer (MS/Excel) and related inventory program skills
• Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to lift 50 – 60 pounds.
• Ability to operate a forklift.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Desired Attributes & Assets
The ideal candidate will provide enthusiastic and positive service to both internal personnel and external customers. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk will maintain positive and effective working relationships with all staff. This position will contribute to the overall performance of the business by exuding accurate efforts, as well as demonstrating a high standard quality of work.
Why North Cariboo Air?
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance. Ample opportunity for growth and advancement go hand in hand. In fact, helping employees reach their goals is important to us.
Typical benefits include:
• Life Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment
• Short Term & Long Term Disability
• Extended Health & Dental Care
• Health & Wellness Benefits
• On-Site Parking
If you’re wondering whether we’re the right company for you, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them.