Conair is Canada’s most experienced specialty aircraft operations provider, delivering a comprehensive
range of aerial fire control products and services to a variety of national and international customers and
partners. Our long-standing reputation for providing service excellence makes us an industry leader.
People define Conair and we currently have an opening for a full time permanent AME position.
Reporting to Lead Hands, Base Engineers and/or department supervisors, an Aircraft Maintenance
Engineer will work under supervision and with detailed instruction maintaining fleet aircraft. An AME may
also be required to go on field assignments as an assistant to the Base Engineer.
In this role your duties will include the following:
• Assisting with the maintenance of Conair fleet A/C and production projects as assigned;
• Completing all maintenance and paper work on base aircraft during operating season;
• Fostering a strong working relationship with customers, pilots and crew;
• Adhering to Conair safety regulation, policies and procedures while performing duties;
• Completing assigned tasks and related paperwork in a timely and accurate manner;
• Directing and supervising work crews in the position of Lead Hand as applicable to their training and
• Working within a team environment assisting and/or directing fellow employees with the performance
• of their duties in a professional and courteous manner;
• Maintaining currency as applicable to Conair Aerostudies, Maintenance Bulletins and notices;
• Knowledge of Car’s regulations as related to aircraft maintenance;
• Understanding the flow and processes involved in the information technologies.
We are looking for someone with:
• Knowledgeable of government laws, safety rules, regulations and safe practices;
• Knowledgeable of aircraft parts and theory of aircraft structures;
• Ability to learn new skills quickly and respond to verbal instructions;
• Ability to work effectively with mechanical tools and equipment;
• Ability to perform physically demanding tasks in the repair, overhaul and maintenance of aircraft;
• Ability to work effectively under pressure;
• Ability to act with professionalism particularly in the face of opposition;
• Ability to clearly and effectively express information and ideas both verbally and in writing.
• Completion of Grade 12;
• Valid Transport Canada Approved Training;
• Q400 type training and experience considered an asset;
• Twin Commander type (specifically TC 690A/B model) training and experience considered an asset;
• Honeywell TPE331-5 and -10 line maintenance and/or heavy maintenance considered an asset;
• Holder of Transport Canada Licenses M1 or M2.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please submit your resume by August 14, 2020 to email@example.com with AME in the subject line.
AvCanada's free job forum. Please read the first topic in this forum to learn how to post a position opening.
1 post • Page 1 of 1