Job Category: Safety Sensitive
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Department: Ground Operations
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posting Expires: September 18, 2020
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send copy of your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please List “YEG Ramp Attendant Lead” in the subject line.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ramp Attendant Lead is responsible for supporting North Cariboo’s daily operations. Working with the Base Managers, the Lead will monitor aircraft servicing activities and provide direction to ground personnel.
• Supervise the ramp/grooming departments and personnel, provide direction and task assignment as dictated by Base Manager and operational requirements
• Ensure employees are adhering to the policies and procedures outlined in ramp and customer service manuals
• Assist Ramp Attendants with passenger handling functions and provide passengers with customer service support when Customer Service Agents are unavailable
• Organize effective operational use of ramp space to avoid delays and aircraft conflicts; coordinate with other carriers on aircraft movements and logistics as required
• Ensure effective communication between Ramp Personnel and Flight Crew, liaise accordingly to ensure smooth and safe transition of passengers, baggage and general logistics
• Monitor and assist with organizing and stocking of company commissary
• Oversee loading and unloading of cargo onto aircraft ; mitigate issues as required
• Working with Manager, Airports , ensure policies and procedures are in place and evaluated as required, assist with audits, employee training initiatives and creating procedural manuals
• Evaluate staffing levels to ensure they align with operational requirements, safety standards and client service agreements , advise management on manpower issues and assist with recruitment and onboarding
• Assist with facility and hangar maintenance attending to general upkeep and basic landscaping requirements
• Working with Manager, Airports and Base Management oversee the Ground Service Equipment (GSE) program, ensuring inspections are complete and equipment is operational; coordinate repairs and respective documentation logs as required
• Ensure Ramp Attendants are performing daily vehicle and equipment inspections
• Working with Base Management, assist with facilitating any terms set out in third party lease agreements associated with hangar space, cleanliness and/or aircraft movement
• Ensure projects assigned to the department are carried out and completed on time
• Actively support the company Safety Management System and represent YEG on the safety committee, participate in the program and ensuring all responsibilities are maintained as outlined in the SMS manual
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects and any other duties as assigned
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
• Minimum 2 years’ Aviation and Ground Operations experience
• Minimum Grade 12 education with relevant experience
• 1+ year’s supervisory experience in a related field
• Valid driver’s license, in good standing
• Ability to obtain an Airport restricted Area Pass
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
• Occasional lifting of over 50lbs
• Schedule will vary based on charters and operational requirements
• Travel to other bases as required to assist with training and special projects
Desired Attributes & Assets
The ideal candidate will provide strong customer service to both internal personnel and external customers. They will maintain positive and effective working relationships with all staff and operational departments and act as an extension of Management, ensuring operational and service integrity across all ground operations.
Why North Cariboo Air?
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance. Ample opportunity for growth and advancement go hand in hand. In fact, helping employees reach their goals is important to us.
Typical benefits include:
• Life Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment
• Short Term & Long Term Disability
• Extended Health & Dental Care
• Health & Wellness Benefits
• On-Site Parking
If you’re wondering whether we’re the right company for you, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them.