The Automotive Service Technician reports directly to the Facilities Maintenance Manager.
• Accountable and dependable
• Equipment operation
• Ethics and integrity
Key Performance Indicators/Duties & Responsibilities
• Test to check whether systems and components are secure and are working properly.
• Isolate the systems or components that might have caused the problem.
• Perform tire/wheel installation, bearings, front-end repairs/alignment, shocks and struts, hub and axel assemblies, electrical components, fuel systems, preventative maintenance, etc.
• Drive the vehicle for testing purposes or using various equipment, including hand-held and onboard compression gauges or diagnostic computers.
• Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing vehicles.
• Repair or replace worn parts ahead of the vehicle's breakdown or damage.
• Follow a checklist to ensure that each critical part of the vehicle is examined.
• Watch or inspect closely parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
• Use power tools like pneumatic wrenches in order to remove bolts easily and quickly.
• Use machine tools, such as grinding machines and lathes to rebuild brakes.
• Use common hand tools like screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers, to work on small-scale parts.
• Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor.
• Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicle, and test automotive systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
• Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment.
• Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications.
• Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune ups.
• Advise customers on work performed, general vehicle condition and future repair requirements.
• Inspect and test mechanical units, such as engines, transmissions, axles and brake systems, to locate faults and malfunctions.
• Diagnose faults or malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit.
• Repair or replace mechanical units or components using hand and power tools.
• Test and adjust units to specifications for proper performance.
• Complete reports to record problems and work performed.
• Learning specific equipment requirements to service and maintain the equipment used in the airline repair industry such as tugs, power cart units, large hydraulic jacks, etc.
• Perform general building facilities maintenance, such as snow removal, construction or building repairs, etc. as needed.
• High School diploma, or equivalent.
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
• Preference will be given to licensed candidates.
• Extensive knowledge of different automobiles and their service needs.
• Professional demeanor.
• Efficient problem-solving skills.
• Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
• Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
• High level of integrity and work ethic.
• Up-to-date knowledge of automotive parts and their functions.
• Able to effectively communicate automotive issues clearly.
• Able to work independently, managing his or her time and workflow.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
• 2-5 years of direct work experience in automotive repairs and service.
• Experience with small engine repair, hydraulics, diesel engines, welding, HVAC, and forklifts.
• Experience with customer service preferred.
• Experience in the aviation industry is considered an asset.
Applicants should apply online at: https://avmaxcanada.applicantpro.com/jobs/1584352.html
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Avmax Group Inc. is dedicated to, and prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome the diversity of all of our employees. Avmax Group Inc. has specific policies in place to prevent discrimination in our hiring practices on the basis of the protected grounds dictated by Canadian legislation. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
In order to be in compliance with the law, employees must be legally eligible to work in Canada.