Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Sudbury, ON
Reports to: Director of Maintenance
Travel: Up to 20% travel required (Ontario & Quebec)
MAG Aerospace Canada is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic Regional Maintenance Supervisor in Sudbury, Ontario. The Regional Maintenance Supervisor will manage and supervise the personnel and resources required for the servicing, inspection and repair of aircraft in, Ontario and Quebec. Reporting to the Director of Maintenance, the Regional Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for all planning, scheduling, monitoring, and supervisory activities in overseeing maintenance and aircraft work carried out by aircraft maintenance engineers (AMEs) and contractors in Sudbury, Ontario.
Regular travel is required to the various base locations in northern Ontario and Quebec.
• Responsible for overseeing and managing the daily maintenance activities of the aircraft maintenance engineers.
• Responsible for ensuring all appropriate operating procedures are adhered to with respect to operation and maintenance.
• Support and assist with the coordination of the long-term maintenance activity on the company's fleet of aircraft.
• Responsible for ensuring that the aircraft are maintained in a manner that is consistent with the Maintenance Control Manual (MCM), Maintenance Policy Manual (MPM) and Transport Canada requirements.
• Ensure aircraft airworthiness and appearance is maintained to standards.
• Plan and control the quantity and quality of work of AMEs.
• Ensure that all maintenance activities are executed to improve safety, reliability and quality.
• Provide on the job instructions and ensure that AMEs are qualified to accomplish the work assigned them.
• Ensure facilities are maintained in a clean condition and equipment is of an acceptable standard and that safety and environmental precautions are being observed by all AMEs.
• Coach employees for consistent quality completion of responsibilities. Give feedback and support in conjunction with coaching. Address individual performance issues as they arise following standard company performance management practices.
• Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, the safety of co-workers and customers.
• Assist in training implementation.
• Enforcing health and safety rules regulations and policies.
• Must hold valid Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License either M1 or M2 category.
• Minimum 5 years aviation industry related experience.
• Leadership experience an asset.
• Must have prior auditing experience or acceptable combination of education, training and related experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations and Safety Management Systems (SMS)
• Must have prior experience in independently reviewing Airworthiness Directives and preparation of aircraft basic weight & balance reports.
• Clear Canadian criminal record check
• Must possess a valid Canadian driver’s license
Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC)
• Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational and time management skills required
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without restriction.
• Ability to speak and write in French is considered an asset.
Please send your cover letter, along with your resume to email@example.com.
MAG Aerospace Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. This position requires access to sensitive Law Enforcement information and a background check.