Northern Thunderbird Air and associated company Central Mountain Air are Western Canada owned and privately operated companies committed to excellence in safety, service, aircraft maintenance and reliable flight operations. We are a team that takes pride in connecting the communities we serve and providing a travel experience we would expect for ourselves and for our family. Combined we have maintenance bases in Vancouver, Calgary, Prince George, Edmonton and Smithers.
Northern Thunderbird/Central Mountain Air provides employees a Comprehensive Benefit Package that includes: Industry Competitive Wages, Medical and Dental Benefits, Life Insurance and travel benefits with sister company. This position is based at our base office in Prince George, BC. The maintenance side of our operation is a fast-paced environment where safety is the priority, and a high level of professionalism is always expected. The successful candidate must be able to multitask, manage their time effectively, and always be focused on safety.
• To perform maintenance on aircraft to the applicable and Maintenance Standard
• Scheduled and Unscheduled maintenance
• Ground Run and towing of aircraft
• Ability to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs
• Possess strong administrative and quality related knowledge
• Maintaining a clean and organized work environment
• Be able to travel outside country for training potentially
• Ability to qualify for RAIC
• Time management skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to work well individually as well as part of a team
• Excellent Problem solving and Decision-making skills
• Work in a shop environment with full range of movement (flexibility) required, Extended periods of standing, crouching and kneeling in an
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, meeting constraining deadlines
• Repetitive tasks, both indoors and outdoors
• Other duties as assigned.
• M1 or M2 License required
• Beechcraft B300, 1900 or Dash8 Experience an Asset
• Manufacturer’s training course on a B350, B200, or B1900D and experience with Medevac Operations an asset
• Post-Secondary Aircraft Maintenance Trade school diploma required
• Verbal and written skills and Basic computer skills
• Candidates must be willing relocate and be based out of Prince George, BC’s Northern Capital, and thriving service center, home to a
main medical facility, university and college.
Prince George is a city of 74,000 people and is the largest city in northern British Columbia. The City's logo reflects this "coming together" in the way it depicts the confluence of railways, highways, and rivers that give rise of PG's reputation as Northern BC's service hub.
It is a community with assets that include a university and college, affordable housing, a university hospital, and comprehensive transportation infrastructure. Prince George's highways and railways, are complemented by an international airport and these vital transportation links connect local residents and businesses, resources (primarily forest products energy, minerals and metals), and agricultural products to markets around the world.
Furthermore, Prince George offers unparalleled access to outdoor recreation that contributes to the city's high quality of life and standards of living. Housing in Prince George is some of the more affordable places in Northern Canada, attracting many people to the area. There are more than 100 parks and green spaces that comprise an area about five times the size of Vancouver's Stanley Park. Other attractions include five ski hills within a two-hour drive from the city and many opportunities for year-round outdoor activities from camping to snowshoeing.
Interested candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the position you are applying for.
Northern Thunderbird Air is an equal opportunity employer and offers employment to all persons. Our requirement is that you have the necessary skills and abilities to do the job and the attitude of a team player.
Northern Thunderbird Air thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.