This position will be regularly working 40 hours per week. Overtime and rotating on-call weekend work may be required occasionally during peak times.
The successful candidate is responsible for maintaining the critical integrity of Wetaskiwin Air Services commercial and vintage aircraft, as well as our clients’ personal aircraft.
Role and Responsibilities
• Daily line maintenance of all company types, trouble shoot & repairs
• Routine maintenance, component replacement
• Scheduled inspections on all aircraft types
• Train & mentor Apprentice AME’s
• Complete all required documentation
• Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
• Graduate of Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program
• A valid Transport Canada AME M1 license, is a requirement
• Familiar with general aviation light aircraft, preference given to those with Cessna 100/200 series, Piper single/multi engine series, TCM and Lycoming engines
• Have a reasonable understanding of the CAR's
• Experience with sheet metal structures and fabric covering would be an asset
• Must have strong mechanical aptitude & excellent troubleshooting skills
• A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Reasonable computer skills
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision both alone or as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal and team work skills
• Have excellent communication and leadership skills
• Safety Oriented
• Take pride in performing maintenance to a high standard
• Have effective time management skills
• A positive attitude and a desire to succeed
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test pre-employment and post incident and be in compliance with our drug and alcohol program
Why Wetaskiwin Air Services?
• Working on a fantastic team in a growing organization
• Opportunity to work on diverse and unique vintage aircraft
• Competitive wage
• On-Site Parking
To keep our employees, students, and clients safe, we have adopted measures that support the Alberta Chief Medical Officer of Health Orders and complies with Federal and Provincial Public Health Authority recommendations.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send copy of your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.