The Aircraft Maintenance Engineer takes direction from the Crew Chief, or the Production Manager. The Engineer is responsible for and may work on a variety of aircraft types, inspecting, monitoring, maintaining and servicing the components, systems, controls and devices to ensure the aircraft operates safely.
Duties & Responsibilities
The AME is responsible to complete line and shop maintenance in a safe and efficient manner. The role is required to assist in the training of junior level employees (apprentices).
• Safety - AMEs are required to apply safe work practices, such as using their personal protective equipment, and
adhering to all safe handling practices.
• Documentation - Required to ensure that appropriate documentation is complete for their work and is being
correctly submitted for approval. They are responsible for sourcing required technical information in
• Project Maintenance - Our ideal candidate will be cooperative, and able to communicate positively. They will
also take responsibility for the quality of their own work and engage in advanced troubleshooting on assigned
• Demonstrated Technical Skills - the AME is expected to be able to demonstrate their capability to use and test
all standard tools, complete inspection tasks, and layout a SRM repair. The AME is required to have a full
understanding of aircraft manuals, and be capable of safely operating ground equipment (EOC).
Education & Experience
• Valid Canadian Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s license;
• Valid Canadian driver’s license, and;
• 2 years’ experience in aviation hangar setting.
• Diagnostic skills requiring sound knowledge of aircraft systems, structures and applied mechanics.
Skills & Abilities
• Ability to refer to and follow technical manuals;
• Able to adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Air Tindi Safety Management System Manual, and;
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
This position is based in Yellowknife. Work is performed in a hangar; and there is requirement to work outside or in environmental extremes on various types of aircraft.
• Ability to lift 15kgs;
• Ability to distinguish colors, and;
• Ability to use fine motor skills.
Please forward all resumes to: email@example.com