The Apprentice Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) will be responsible to carry out general maintenance tasks under the guidance of a licensed AME, and/or Crew Chief.
Duties & Responsibilities
The AME Apprentice assists with the line and shop maintenance in a safe and efficient manner. The AME Apprentice is a learning role and is responsible to learn through action in the following key areas:
• Safety - Apprentices are required to apply safe work practices, such as using their personal protective
equipment, and adhering to all safe handling practices.
• Documentation - Apprentices are required to ensure that appropriate documentation is complete for their work
and is being correctly submitted for approval. They are responsible for sourcing required technical information
in maintenance manuals.
• Project Maintenance - the Apprentice AME role is a learning position, and we are looking for candidates who are
eager to learn. Our ideal candidate will be cooperative, and able to communicate positively. They will also take
responsibility for the quality of their own work and engage in basic troubleshooting on assigned tasks.
• Demonstrated Technical Skills - the AME Apprentice is expected to be able to demonstrate their capability to
use and test all standard tools, complete basic inspection tasks, and layout a basic SRM repair with minimal
assistance. Apprentices should have a full understanding of basic aircraft manuals, and be capable of safely
operating ground equipment (EOC)
Education & Experience
• Graduated from Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Engineer program.
• Diagnostic skills requiring sound knowledge of aircraft systems, structures and basic applied mechanics.
Skills & Abilities
• Ability to refer to and follow technical manuals;
• Able to adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Air Tindi Safety Management System Manual, and;
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
This position is based in Yellowknife. Work is performed in a hangar; there is requirement to work outside or in environmental extremes on various types of aircraft.
• Ability to lift 15kgs;
• Ability to distinguish colors, and;
• Ability to use fine motor skills.
Please forward all resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org