Northern Thunderbird Air and associated company Central Mountain Air are Western Canada owned and privately operated companies committed to excellence in safety, service, aircraft maintenance and reliable flight operations. We are a team that takes pride in connecting the communities we serve and providing a travel experience we would expect for ourselves and for our family. Combined we have maintenance bases in Vancouver, Calgary, Prince George, Edmonton and Smithers.
Northern Thunderbird/Central Mountain Air provides employees a Comprehensive Benefit Package that includes: Industry Competitive Wages, Medical and Dental Benefits, Life Insurance and travel benefits with sister company. This position is based at our base office in Prince George, BC. The maintenance side of our operation is a fast-paced environment where safety is the priority, and a high level of professionalism is always expected. The successful candidate must be able to multitask, manage their time effectively, and always be focused on safety.
These Medevac positions have proven to offer consistent employment through recessions, and have not been adversely affected by the pandemic.
• To perform maintenance on aircraft to the applicable and Maintenance Standard
• Scheduled and Unscheduled maintenance
• Ground Run and towing of aircraft
• Ability to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs
• Possess strong administrative and quality related knowledge
• Maintaining a clean and organized work environment
• Be able to travel outside country for training potentially
• Ability to qualify for RAIC
• Time management skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to work well individually as well as part of a team
• Excellent Problem solving and Decision-making skills
• Work in a shop environment with full range of movement (flexibility) required, Extended periods of standing, crouching and kneeling in an aircraft.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, meeting constraining deadlines
• Repetitive tasks, both indoors and outdoors
• Other duties as assigned.
• M1 or M2 License Required
• Beechcraft B300, 1900B, 1900C or Dash8 Experience an asset
• Manufacturer’s training course on a B350, B200, or B1900D and experience with Medevac Operations an asset
• Post-Secondary Aircraft Maintenance Trade school diploma required
• Verbal and written skills and Basic computer skills
Interested candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Be sure to include the position you are applying for.
Northern Thunderbird Air is an equal opportunity employer and offers employment to all persons. Our requirement is that you have the necessary skills and abilities to do the job and the attitude of a team player.
Northern Thunderbird Air thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.