Guimbal Cabri G2

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Guimbal Cabri G2

Post by PitchLink »

Anyone have any time working on and flying these things? I have a customer looking at buying his son a machine and this came up as a possibility. I have zero experience other than it’s 0360 engine. Any input on performance, reliability and service limits etc would be appreciated. Might be going to fly one in Arizona soon looks like.
---------- ADS -----------

Posthumane
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Guimbal Cabri G2

Post by Posthumane »

The guy to talk to would be Misha Gelb at BC helicopters in Abbotsford, as he runs a small fleet for instructing including two of these. He also posts a lot of YouTube as pilotyellow including some reviews of the machines be flies so that may be useful. His general consensus is that they are a better alternative to an R22 due to not having many life limited parts, and having a fully articulated three blade rotor and fenestrom tail which he thinks is safer than the teetering rotor systems.

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." -George Bernard Shaw
PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Posthumane wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:11 am The guy to talk to would be Misha Gelb at BC helicopters in Abbotsford, as he runs a small fleet for instructing including two of these. He also posts a lot of YouTube as pilotyellow including some reviews of the machines be flies so that may be useful. His general consensus is that they are a better alternative to an R22 due to not having many life limited parts, and having a fully articulated three blade rotor and fenestrom tail which he thinks is safer than the teetering rotor systems.
That’s awesome, I heard rumour of better times on these things but have nothing to refer to yet. Agree with everything you’re saying about the heads.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

:|
Posthumane wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:11 am The guy to talk to would be Misha Gelb at BC helicopters in Abbotsford, as he runs a small fleet for instructing including two of these. He also posts a lot of YouTube as pilotyellow including some reviews of the machines be flies so that may be useful. His general consensus is that they are a better alternative to an R22 due to not having many life limited parts, and having a fully articulated three blade rotor and fenestrom tail which he thinks is safer than the teetering rotor systems.
Interesting machine for sure, I think synergy aviation have one or two. There’s not many in Canada I bet less than five or ten.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

There’s 9 in Canada and synergy has 4 wow!

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/ ... hSimp.aspx

I wonder what they cost?

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:54 pm
I wonder what they cost?
$400 Large USD...
https://www.controller.com/listings/for ... l/aircraft

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:48 pm :|
Interesting machine for sure, I think synergy aviation have one or two. There’s not many in Canada I bet less than five or ten.

I just heard they lost one in a lake in Quebec not long ago ☹️

Return to “Helicopter Forum”