Training advice

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

cap41
Rank 4
Rank 4

Training advice

Post by cap41 »

Looking for advice. Considering Helicopter training. Any suggestions? I live just east of the GTA.
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Training advice

Post by photofly »

Silverline at Holland Landing.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

Unless you have your own helicopter to fly i wouldn't go into this industry at this time. The schools will just blow smoke up your a$$. The helicopter industry is at an all time low intact its in the tank.

cap41
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cap41 »

Just looking to accomplish the license, not looking for a career,

rtpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rtpilot »

I trained at Helicopters Canada this past summer for my PPH. I am a retired airline pilot and am no stranger to training, and how it's suppose to be done. Writing this, I can tell you that I was extremely pleased with this facility. The entire staff is just a hoot to be around. Not once did I ever feel like they were milking me, as a matter of fact they discouraged me on days that would not be beneficial to learning. I continually witnessed them go above and beyond to help students who are struggling at no extra cost. They are laid back, yet not at the expense of safety and progress. I was actually sad when I was done as I had so much fun. I would not hesitate to return or recommend them to anyone.
Edit: I just wanted to add that these people don't embellish the job market; upfront and honest. These people deserve the business.
RT

Man I've tried nothing and I'm all out of Ideas!

Return to “Helicopter Forum”