FAA/NCAA licensed pilot in GTA in need of advice from experienced pilots in Canada

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

TigerPedro
Rank 0
Rank 0

FAA/NCAA licensed pilot in GTA in need of advice from experienced pilots in Canada

Post by TigerPedro »

Hello everyone,

I am a relatively new permanent resident in Canada and will appreciate advice on how to get back to flying here.

Brief background about myself: Education background - BSc Economics, MSc International Business, FAA CPL/IR (H) and NCAA CPL/IR (H) and Bell 412EP type certification. My total hours are about 240hrs and Bell 412EP time about 60hours so as you can see I am a very low hour pilot.

As a young pilot I made the mistake of going for a type rating rather than build my hours as I was looking for a job and the employer I ended up working with required that I self sponsor a type certification in the Bell 412EP as a pre requisite for employment. I ended up there for close to 3 years flying barely 60hours as contracts where few and far in between.

I moved with my family here as a permanent resident about 4months ago and have had to take up a job to keep up with my financial responsibilities but would like some advice as to how I can get back to flying here.

I will do a medical and convert my FAA licence to CAA first but I’m at a loss for how I will be able to get a job with my low flight hours. Should I convert then do a fixed wing conversion? Will there be employers willing to take me on with my flight experience? I have viewed job postings and there is a general 1500 hour barrier to entry.

Please any advice you have will be appreciated, I’m at a point were I have no direction and your experience with the Canadian market will come in very valuable.

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: FAA/NCAA licensed pilot in GTA in need of advice from experienced pilots in Canada

Post by rigpiggy »

Road trip, go on pcc find every place with a chopper, email, then call, then visit. GTAA isn't a big helicopter hub

raised2fly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: FAA/NCAA licensed pilot in GTA in need of advice from experienced pilots in Canada

Post by raised2fly »

I believe I know who you are and have some advice for you.
Send me your number.

Return to “Helicopter Forum”