TSB Releases its Final Report - CGC Helicopter Accident

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

TSB Releases its Final Report - CGC Helicopter Accident

Post by CD »

The TSB Releases its Final Investigation Report into the Canadian Coast Guard Helicopter Accident in Marystown

(Gatineau, Quebec, March 1, 2007) - The Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB) today released its final investigation report (A05A0155) into the fatal accident that occurred in Marystown, Newfoundland and Labrador, on December 7, 2005 involving a Canadian Coast Guard helicopter. During the course of its investigation, the TSB uncovered safety deficiencies and addressed those deficiencies to Transport Canada, without waiting for the publication of the final report, so that the problems could be corrected. A summary of the actions taken can be found in the attached Backgrounder. The Board will continue to monitor the actions taken and make its conclusions public.

For more information, follow these links:
Press Release...
Final Report...
---------- ADS -----------

Widow
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Widow »

Did anyone else notice this from the report?
The frequency of accidents and serious occurrences, the recurrence of identified operational shortcomings, and the lack of progress in mitigating several identified deficiencies are matters of concern that suggest organizational shortcomings at TC ASD.
and
On 02 June 2006, the TSB sent a Safety Advisory (A060023-1) to TC ASD suggesting to re-evaluate all levels of its organization so as to become more proactive in identifying risks and deficiencies, and more responsive in communicating and mitigating already identified risks associated with its operations.

Anyone seen this advisory? I've requested a copy.

Former Advocate for Floatplane Safety
chubbee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chubbee »

All who are in a position to add informed comment to this post are obviously so loyal and respectfull of the organisation in question that they are silent or... they are scared and intimidated into silence.

Today as they perform good work over the ice pack east of the rock, do the CCG flight crews have EPIRBS yet?? I believe not.
406MHZ elt's with GPS? I believe not.
Has the loss of two individuals been an impetus for significant positive changes?
I believe not.

Return to “Helicopter Forum”