Helicopter down in Quebec, two missing, two safe . . .

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Rank 7
Rank 7

Helicopter down in Quebec, two missing, two safe . . .

#1 Post by robbreid » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:03 am

CBC news Dec 4/08

Police divers were searching Thursday for two men missing after a helicopter crashed into a lake in Western Quebec Wednesday night.

Quebec provincial police said the helicopter, carrying four people, crashed into Lac Simon, about 75 kilometres northeast of Ottawa just after 6 p.m. At the time, it was very snowy and windy.

Two of the passengers, a 33-year-old man from Blainville and a 48-year-old man from Laval, managed to swim to shore and were taken to hospital suffering from hypothermia. However, the 50-year-old pilot and another man were still missing.

On Thursday morning, relatives of the missing men stood on the shore in the cold rain, weeping as divers took to the water.

A Griffon helicopter from CFB Trenton in eastern Ontario is also taking part in the search.

Relatives said the aircraft that crashed was owned by the pilot, who ran Construction Louis-Seize in Blainville. One of the men who survived was the pilot's brother while the other was a company employee. The other missing man was the father-in-law of the employee.

Lac Simon is the site of plane crash 50 years ago that killed four hunters. The aircraft and the bodies of the hunters were recovered from the bottom of the lake in May. The area is popular with cottagers.
---------- ADS -----------

Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Helicopter down in Quebec, two missing, two safe . . .

#2 Post by valvelifter » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:31 pm

Serge built my house 5 years ago. I very much appreciated the excellent care he took of me and my family. A very classy man who always took the time to answer my questions. The community in Blainville is in shock and extremely sad; my condolences to his wife and family.
---------- ADS -----------
He who laughs last will laugh the hardest

Return to “Helicopter Forum”