spring heli job?

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

moose
Rank 0
Rank 0

spring heli job?

Post by moose »

Hey guys,

im in the middle of a rotary conversion right now from cpl (lovin these crazy machines), worked a couple seasons in the bush flying floats, not a ton of hours. just wondering what chance a guy has at getting hired this spring flying helicopter, with the recession and all, if id be smarter concentrating on getting a float job (which i dont think will be all that shit hot this summer either). Job from last summer no longer exists. Also wondering, if a guy does manage to get on helicopters somewhere, what kinda pay could he expect? thanks a lot for any input.
---------- ADS -----------

rotorhead350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: spring heli job?

Post by rotorhead350 »

Best of luck, but your chances of finding employment are pretty slim. There are lots of higher time pilots who are going to be looking for work as well.

rh350

Glory.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Glory. »

yup

had a few guys come through our doors looking for work, and basically said alberta is dead and places are lookin for the higher time guys instead of the lower times. There are obviously a few out there but competition is fierce.

good luck

rotorfloat
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rotorfloat »

Agreed with the above, but don't count yourself out. There are still companies that will take a lower-time guy on because they will stay longer than a high-time guy who will simply f.ck off when the big hiring starts again. Mind you the work may not be the most interesting or the locations may not be stellar, but the key word is commitment. Good luck.

moose
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by moose »

Thanks guys who answered, pretty much what I expected to hear. Sent out a few resumes now, havent heard back from anyone, think Ill go be a carpenter until it picks back up, hopefully sooner than later. Or maybe theyll let me drive the garbage truck, bit of experience in that field, and now at least it wont be in the cab with me :D

Return to “Helicopter Forum”