AFOQT and OTS (air force)?

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Orgchartpro123
Rank 0
Rank 0

AFOQT and OTS (air force)?

#1 Post by Orgchartpro123 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:01 am

One of my fellow students in my class is a retired air force recruiter and she just so happened to be talking to me one day and I started to talk about how I probably won't be able to find a job in the police department or law enforcement here in Hawaii due to budget cuts and furloughs. I heard they wont be hiring for another 4-5 years!!!. So I told her that I was maybe planning on joining the army national guard and going into military police or something along the law enforcement line in the army. She told me instead to try the air force since I'm going to be getting my B.A. in criminal justice in a year and that I could go in as an officer. I found the Air Force option interesting as well as exciting.

However, I was reading up on the AFOQT test that I would have to take since I have a degree and it has things such as reading instruments, aviation mechanics, technical things as well as other things such all related to flying (Duh! lol). But, I'm not looking to fly planes or helicopters or even work with radar and that type of things. I REALLY want to go into the Air Force Security Forces, but it just so happens that I'll have a college degree.

I mean I really don't know how to read airplane instruments or know any of the technical science questions about planes and helicopters. Or even the electronics or mechanical questions.

Are they going to give me a different test? I mean I have to know all that just to get into the Air Force Security Forces? and that's all because I have a degree? I have no intention of flying any aircraft at all!

If that's the case should I just go in as an enlisted? even though I have a B.A.?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

fel
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: AFOQT and OTS (air force)?

#2 Post by fel » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:18 pm

I don't think you are going to pass the test! Try the Marines! 8)
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Helicopter Forum”