BChelicopters school impressions

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

nicholasstpierre
Rank 0
Rank 0

BChelicopters school impressions

#1 Post by nicholasstpierre » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi,

I was thinking about moving from Quebec to BC, to train at BC helicopters. I just wanted to hear about feedback about the school, instructors, quality of training....

So any of you guys who had their training at BCHelicopters, feel free to reply!
---------- ADS -----------

Roadrnnr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: BChelicopters school impressions

#2 Post by Roadrnnr » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:45 pm

I trained at BCH back in 2009. I spent a long time investigating other schools before commiting to BC Helicopters and I must say I feel I made the right choice. My instructor had over 16,000 hours and a wealth of knowledge. The HU300 was relatively easy to fly (over the intro flight I did in the 22 and B47G) which meant I spent most of my time learining other things (confinements, mountain flying, emergencys, etc) than just spending most of my time learning how to hover the machine.

The staff was really friendly, they let me work at a pace that I felt comfortable with, nothing felt rushed. They even let me rent their helicopters when my training was done so I could take my friends and family for flights which was really cool, I didn't see that offered in any other school. I actually ended up building about 50 extra hours doing these flights which gave me a competitive edge later on when I was job hunting.

All in all, I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. I hear now they've moved to a brand new facility. :smt023
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Helicopter Forum”