Need a Helicopter Rental for aerial shoot this Saturday -

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Jonnypeso
Rank 0
Rank 0

Need a Helicopter Rental for aerial shoot this Saturday -

#1 Post by Jonnypeso » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:30 pm

Hey there;

I've been working on a large shoot for a few months, and but have been unable to get up for various reasons; weather, chopper unavailable etc.

This weekend could be my last chance before things begin to look too 'fall' for my clients liking, but the company I use isn't available. To my knowledge, they are the only ones in the LM who rent Robinson R44's and Schweizer 300's. These are the ones in my client's price range. Every other company I've contacted only have larger choppers to rent which I can't afford.

Does anyone know of any companies that have the 44 or 300 in the LM that take up clients for aerial work?? I'm in a bind here as the clock is ticking on this shoot big time, so any help would be really greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Jon
---------- ADS -----------

Ecco
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Need a Helicopter Rental for aerial shoot this Saturday

#2 Post by Ecco » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:27 am

if you can let us know where LM is ..might be abble to help..how much air time do you need ??

sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

#3 Post by sky's the limit » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:50 am

"LM" = Lower Mainland.

I'd start by calling flight schools, there are several in the area with what you are looking for. Chinook Helicopters in Abby has 44's and 47's, and a couple Jet Rangers if you want to spend that much.

stl

Jonnypeso
Rank 0
Rank 0

#4 Post by Jonnypeso » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Yes, sorry bout that. LM = Lower Mainland in BC (the municipalities around Vancouver).

The Mole
Rank 5
Rank 5

#5 Post by The Mole » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:45 pm

What kind of aerials are looking for. Video/Stills. If you planning on video with a hand held camera it will look terrible. Trust me. even it you have a stabilized lens. A cheaper better option is Mini-gyro from panavision. you can mount your own camera on it. There are many Youtube videos of it. If you want a gyro stabilized camera system it is going to cost you and probably will not fit on a 44 or 300. Like a cineflex. The video is will be remarkable better. ie. Art of Flight.

How low, do you need to get. Most of the lower mainland is considered a built up area. That means No Less than 1000ft above ground or highest structure. You can get permits down to 300ft above ground, bur you will require a twin engine heli and at least 7 days for a permit. The smallest twin engine available would be a twin star.

Return to “Helicopter Forum”