Mauna Loa Helicopters

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

thisgoodone
Rank 1
Rank 1

Mauna Loa Helicopters

Post by thisgoodone »

Can anyone here give any advice on this highly advertised flight school. What about Licencing in the US? Is there any advantages? As Canadians, do we have a bias towards the US training.
Would rather do it here, just trying to do my research as thoroughly as possible. Maybe I'm being too picky?
Any solid advice regarding picking a heli school would be appreciated.
---------- ADS -----------

PilotHeath
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Mauna Loa Helicopters

Post by PilotHeath »

Hi - Cant help with info on Canadian schools and i expect that you have already made a decision - but here is some info i posted on another website regarding Mauna Loa Helicopters:

Hello

I have just come across this post. I completed my CFI with Mauna Loa Helicopters (MLH) in 2011 and have been fortunate to been in full time work since. The training provided by MLH is top of its class. Location is amazing with varied weather (this is very important) and the staff at the school make you feel like you are part of a big family.

I am so confident in the skills of MLH Graduates that i have just placed a pilot from MLH into their first job - and i expect there will be many more to come.

If you are seriously considering a flight school you must ensure that MLH is one of the schools you evaluate. Make sure you look at the fine print on the contracts / pricing (most schools quote you a price based on FAA minimums which are rarely if EVER met.) At MLH you will learn everything you will need to become a safe , competent and professional pilot - Hiring and pilot recommendations are made easy - for me anyway - if the training was taken at Mauna Loa Helicopters.

Anyone wanting more information, tips on getting through the course in an economic way , living tips and even updates on the job market in China you are welcome to email me at pilotheath@gmail.com . I will do my best to respond as quickly as i can. I am a pilot / CFI in China. You can see some of the things we are doing here: http://www.greatwallhelitours.com

Fly Safe - Dan

Captchopper
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Mauna Loa Helicopters

Post by Captchopper »

Hi, I passed out MLH in 2008. Its a good school & Hawaii is a great place to fly. The schools staff is very helpful and hv student accommodations if u'll like them. The school has plenty of international students.

Hope this helps!

Return to “Helicopter Forum”