Low Time Job Seeker

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Davepilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Low Time Job Seeker

#1 Post by Davepilot » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:14 am

Hello Everyone,

I'm a low time (106.4) hour pilot who obtained my licence in May of 2009. I've done the cross country employment search twice now, visiting companies from Ottawa to Vancouver, and though its been fun and I have met lots of pilots, managers, etc. I haven't been able to find a job that could lead to flying. I've worked for two operators, one in Ontario and the other in B.C. as a ground crew worker. Before accepting both of those positions I knew there wasn't going to be an opportunity to fly because of the aircraft they were operating in Ontario, and the type of work they were doing in B.C. I have been accepting these positions to network, build relationships, etc. and have succeeded in that respect. What I am unable to do is find work with an operator who I could fly for as a low time pilot eventually.

A former boss of mine advised me to sign on to this forum and see if anyone else out there is in the same boat as me. I know that people won't post about jobs they're after, but have any low time guys had any success finding work recently? Has anyone heard about any opportunity in the country? If you're working through the same challenges as myself I'd love to hear from you. Or if you have any advice to offer someone like myself.
---------- ADS -----------

dave_091
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Low Time Job Seeker

#2 Post by dave_091 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:31 pm

I feel for you man, my buddy dumped a lot of money into his commercial helicopter license only to find that there are no jobs at all.

It seems fixed wing is a bit easier

Legacy14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Low Time Job Seeker

#3 Post by Legacy14 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:07 pm

deleted

Return to “Helicopter Forum”