Fixed wing engineers to rotary

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

rolly117
Rank 1
Rank 1

Fixed wing engineers to rotary

Post by rolly117 »

I get bad vibes when i talk to AME rotor heads on this subject. It seems like there is a big wall around your industry, or is it a lack of work and security. I acquired a endorsement and have been trying to get into the medium machines part of the industry for about a year and no replies. Whats the big deal With over 20 years as a M1/M2 engineer maintaining aircraft in remote northern locations, usually hauling fuel to helicopters. Is the industry dead or is there a no hire policy for mechs that have not worked on helicopters as their primary career/ occupation in aviation or is it a stigma that fixed wing engineers don't cut it, I would like to hear from you in the helo industry. DHCs and Copters usually do the same thing and go beyond the norm. The T otter has made it possible for your great camping adventures ha! I need ideas
---------- ADS -----------

helicopterray
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Fixed wing engineers to rotary

Post by helicopterray »

Most companies usually look for experience on type.
If you have 20 years experience, but none on type, most companies won't feel comfortable paying you for your experience while you are still feeling your way around the aircraft.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Helicopter Forum”