Where would he be now

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Where would he be now

Post by pelmet »

Someone I know had a Jazz interview a couple of years ago and turned them down for another company. They would have started at Jazz about Oct 2012. He was just wondering what his base/type/seat progression would likely have been if he had taken the opportunity at the time with YYZ as a preferred base.
---------- ADS -----------

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Where would he be now

Post by Stinky »

Everyone I know that has turned down Jazz is further ahead now. That would be true for anyone hired in the past 10 years. Unless your friend is unemployed or flipping burgers at Mcdonalds of course.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

I was hired in Feb '13 and was on the DH8 in YYZ. I left the company in September this year for another career and was just over 1/3 of the way up the DH8 seniority list. I got most of the pairings and days off I asked for.

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

It's all relative.

In my first 2 years at Jazz I made it to 5 continents on my time off. Pretty tough to do that elsewhere except AC.
Flying is only a part of it and single and/or kid free only lasts so long. Try travelling standby with kids.

Blue Yonder
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blue Yonder »

Flying standby with kids is entirely possible. You just have to be more strategic/flexible with your plans.

I was with Jazz for eight years. In those, my kids (now 10 & 11) have been on the Great Wall, seen Hong Kong, walked around the Pyramids of Giza and traveled through Eastern Europe to Turkey. All on standby.

Don't get me wrong, it's not all daisies and roses. Once we had to turn a Beijing tour into an Italian road trip all in 24 hours while stuck in YVR.

Obviously, standby is easier when you need one seat rather than four.

Blue

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”