Congratulations Jazz

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Congratulations Jazz

Post by Stinky »

---------- ADS -----------

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Congratulations Jazz

Post by proper »

or Sky, or Georgian, or Evas... :roll:
Hey but here's hoping! 8)

Happy New year everyone, hopefully 2015 will be a small step for pilot, a giant leap for pilotkind!

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by indieadventurer »

They're for Jazz. AC is renewing the CPA. 2015+ will be a good years I hear :shock:

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

When these get delivered my bet is the waypoints in the FMS will have an easterly longitude......

TrailerParkBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by TrailerParkBoy »

Stinky wrote:These must be for you.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bombard ... -1.2886623
Thanks for the vote of confidence Stinky...I didnt think you cared for jazz!

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

They're definitely for Jazz? Wondering why the price would be quoted in USD then, in a Canadian article, in a transaction between two CDN companies.

Ether way it's great news!

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

Aircraft purchases are typically in USD.

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

TrailerParkBoy wrote:
Stinky wrote:These must be for you.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bombard ... -1.2886623
Thanks for the vote of confidence Stinky...I didnt think you cared for jazz!
Despite all my pessimism for the pilots future at Jazz, I honestly do hope for a good outcome for you guys. I just don't recommend going there as a new pilot if you have any other options.

I'll post the spoilers now, don't read any further if you don't want to know the future.

Air Canada bought these with the intention of them going to Jazz, they just won't say that out loud. They'll put the work up for bid. Sky, GGN and Jazz will all bid. You'll be receiving a lot of doomsday memos about massive layoffs when the 200's are parked if you can't secure these new airplanes. You'll sweat for a while, take concessions and the planes will be yours as was always intended. Executives will receive big bonuses for taking you to the cleaners, Jazz pilots will avoid unemployment. Mission accomplished.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Just like in murica!

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by proper »

or for those Lily hammer fans..."MURI BURI LAND"

727driver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 727driver »

Is this possible with the scope language with ACPA? I thought anything >75 seats had to have main line drivers? The article says the 900 seats 90.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

proper wrote:or Sky, or Georgian, or Evas... :roll:
Hey but here's hoping! 8)
If these aircraft are in fact destined for Canada, the customer is either AC or CHR.

None of the other companies that you mentioned are capable of financing a $1B aircraft order.

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

727driver wrote:Is this possible with the scope language with ACPA? I thought anything >75 seats had to have main line drivers? The article says the 900 seats 90.
The '705' series RJ is in fact a "scope-compatible" airplane built specifically for Jazz. It is a CRJ-900 with an interior designed to respect the scope limitation. Of course the press release will call it a CRJ-900 because if they called it a "CRJ-705 order for an undisclosed customer" then it wouldn't really be "undisclosed".

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

An MJA as defined in the ACPA collective agreement is a jet with a max certified seating capacity of 90 with no more than 76 seats in it.

Many aircraft operated by CPA providers are owned and financed by the major airline. You can't tell where these fins might go based on financing alone.

Assuming of course this is an AC related order. Might also be added pressure for the negots we all know are going on, but no one talks about. Might also be a good sign that things look like they are heading for a mutually beneficial compromise.

They could be to replace Sky's 175's. Who knows

Last edited by Fanblade on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Based on GGN barely able to operate 5 RJ I doubt they would be getting 24 more unless it's some fancy new top-secret pilot-less version. :lol:

Let’s Go Brandon
Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

Stinky wrote: I'll post the spoilers now, don't read any further if you don't want to know the future.

Air Canada bought these with the intention of them going to Jazz, they just won't say that out loud. They'll put the work up for bid. Sky, GGN and Jazz will all bid. You'll be receiving a lot of doomsday memos about massive layoffs when the 200's are parked if you can't secure these new airplanes. You'll sweat for a while, take concessions and the planes will be yours as was always intended. Executives will receive big bonuses for taking you to the cleaners, Jazz pilots will avoid unemployment. Mission accomplished.
I think Stinky has given the most realistic explanation. If they are indeed intended for Jazz.....

But then again, I hope Jazz pilot union stands up and protects the contract, and both the company and the pilots come up with a mutually beneficial deal. (similar to AC and ACPA deal)

TrailerParkBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by TrailerParkBoy »

For those Jazz pilots...do not take concessions what-so-ever for the next contract. If AC needs more regional flying, they know who to hire! Neither Sky Regional, nor Georgian, nor any new start up, can complete the increased flying AC has planned to be an International player!

Splash
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Splash »

I too also believe it's possible that these aircraft are destined to the AC CPA fleet. If so,it remains to see how this will play out. Everyone should know that AC will play each CPA provider against each other in order for one of them to secure the flying. If as stated,these might be destined for Jazz,then it's also worth noting that it would likely include a CPA extension beyond 2020. Interesting times ahead.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Skywest (United Express) already has a fleet of 36 CRJ900's....I might be thinking about that a little bit going into the negotiations after the expression of the AC CEO to be open to US regionals providing CPA lift.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Some would call it 'concessions', others would call it 'change'. Either way, status quo will not prevail for the CPA between CHR and AC nor will status quo prevail in the collective agreements in force at Jazz.

I would guess that AC expects a degree of cost change at Jazz that mirrors what has transpired at the mainline. There are different ways to skin the cat but the cat will have to be skinned in order for AC to commit to extending the commercial relationship including fleet substitutions.

Nobody knows if this order is part of that discussion but it would not be a surprise. Nor would an announcement of conversion of the remaining 9 outstanding Q400 options that belong to CHR. It is entirely possible that in 5 years Jazz will only be operating aircraft configured at 74/75 seats. The resulting increased efficiency and corresponding unit cost reduction would be significant.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”