jazz Crew Requirements Jan. 2016

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, Sulako, North Shore

flyer 1492
Rank 6
Rank 6

jazz Crew Requirements Jan. 2016

#1 Post by flyer 1492 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:02 pm

Jan bid came out today with 37 upgrades and 56 new positions to be bid on.

Break down as follows:

YYZ 23 upgrades and 28 openings on the Q400
YYC 14 upgrades and 28 openings on the Q400

All other bases and aircraft stay status quo.

Congrats to the new Captains and welcome to the new First Officers.

Flyer 1492
---------- ADS -----------

Full Ins
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: jazz Crew Requirements Jan. 2016

#2 Post by Full Ins » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:12 pm

Good news! Was a lot of doom and gloom predicted... Hope for really good things ahead when the engineers ratify!

hithere
Rank 3
Rank 3

#3 Post by hithere » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:58 am

That is the second time I've heard about the bright future at Jazz once the mechanics ratify their contract. I don't get it; is there something in their tentative agreement that is groundbreaking? All scope issues are locked via the ACPA contract so I don't understand the excitement over the AME contract...

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

#4 Post by prop2jet » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:26 pm

hithere wrote:That is the second time I've heard about the bright future at Jazz once the mechanics ratify their contract. I don't get it; is there something in their tentative agreement that is groundbreaking? All scope issues are locked via the ACPA contract so I don't understand the excitement over the AME contract...
I suspect the. "excitement" has much to do with the fact that the main objective of Jazz Management has been to secure long term collective agreements with all of its bargaining groups with the intent of having secured fixed labour costs. With a "stable" labour cost, Jazz/CHR is in a better position to secure their own aircraft to operate additional flying under the express banner. This is but one reason and there are no doubt other reasons as well.

JoeyBarton
Rank 2
Rank 2

#5 Post by JoeyBarton » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:23 am

How does a bid work?
This one doesn't show any classic or RJ positions. Does this mean that every classic or RJ pilot moving on to AC will not be replaced?
Does this mean that a Q4 pilot wanting to bid te RJ won't be able to do so?
I'm a little confused

mbav8r
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#6 Post by mbav8r » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:33 am

Joey, there was a letter attached to the bid that answers your questions but in a nutshell, the company has decided to keep a surplus of pilots on the RJ for attrition due to the PML and retirements. They stated that positions will not be backfilled for now. Depending on how many leave or bid the Q vacancies there is not likely going to be any vacancies on the RJ until the new 705s arrive in 2017.
If you are on the Q and want the RJ, I would still bid for it because things change and you never know, that's what the standing bid is for, for sure if you don't bid you won't get it.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”