New hire bids

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: New hire bids

Post by Black_Tusk »

Between this and the last GS really ramping up the RJ, finally.
---------- ADS -----------

Monorail Conductor
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Monorail Conductor »

What were the n00bz given for bases and equipt this time around?

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by flyer 1492 »

May 2 new hires were:

YUL Q400 6
YUL CRJ 5

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Only 11 in the claas? I wonder if the rumor is true that they are starting to have trouble filling the classes...

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Black_Tusk wrote:Only 11 in the claas? I wonder if the rumor is true that they are starting to have trouble filling the classes...
Well, I know a few guys that had interviews and got PFOd... These are guys with experience. I wonder if Jazz just didn't think they were the right candidate for the airline.

Das ist mir wurst...
Flyguy13
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flyguy13 »

HansDietrich wrote:
Black_Tusk wrote:Only 11 in the claas? I wonder if the rumor is true that they are starting to have trouble filling the classes...
Well, I know a few guys that had interviews and got PFOd... These are guys with experience. I wonder if Jazz just didn't think they were the right candidate for the airline.

Any idea of the experience that people are getting hired with now?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

flew with a LTC, Check A pilot today and he was saying that a lot of guys are coming in with B02, B20, Jetstream PIC time lately.

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

Manpower issues with trainers too. You can hire all you want, but you need the bodies to do the training.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Canoehead wrote:
Manpower issues with trainers too. You can hire all you want, but you need the bodies to do the training.
Indeed.

Das ist mir wurst...
rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

There are stories being circulated of Jazz G/S no shows, declined job offers, and withdrawals from training. Jazz has bases limited to the most expensive cities in Canada. And is offering starting pay at the lower end of the spectrum.

It is a very different world out there in terms of applicants and their options. The competition to secure willing and capable new-hires is heating up. The carrier offering the least will be looking at the most empty pilot seats.

Entry level pay will have to go up across the board at the tier 2 carriers. The US is seeing this already and the increase has been dramatic. Canada will have to catch up. The law of supply and demand never fails. Watch for a new compensation equilibrium.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

I've heard of the washout rate being higher as of late, but never on the line have I heard of anyone withdrawing once they've commenced employment. Seems some of the new guys have an attitude that because Jazz is short guys, you can slack off and not take it seriously. Those are the ones who wash out the fastest.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

PostmasterGeneral wrote:Seems some of the new guys have an attitude that because Jazz is short guys, you can slack off and not take it seriously. Those are the ones who wash out the fastest.
I have not seen or felt this attitude from anyone.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Just received an email for the 2017 hiring outlook for jazz. They are planning on hiring 20 new hires every two weeks for the remainder of 2017

Last edited by KenoraPilot on Fri May 12, 2017 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

And 95 upgrades on the bid that closed today.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

KenoraPilot wrote:Just received an email for the 2017 hiring outlook for jazz. They are planning on hiring 20 new hires every two weeks for the remainder of 2017
I was quite surprised at that. I know we are short staffed but I didn't think we would be hiring 280 more pilots this year. Can't see AC taking that many between October and December.

Let’s Go Brandon
KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

I think jazz is finally realizing that the loss of pilots to AC and retirements will continue far past 2017 and they are wising up to "over staffing" rather than understaffing and being caught short all the time (ie flight cancellations all over the place due to lack of crews). So I personally think they will over staff in 2017 and possibly be able to slow down on the hiring come 2018 and beyond. (my two cents)

Rupert_Pupkin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rupert_Pupkin »

Inverted2 wrote:
KenoraPilot wrote:Just received an email for the 2017 hiring outlook for jazz. They are planning on hiring 20 new hires every two weeks for the remainder of 2017
I was quite surprised at that. I know we are short staffed but I didn't think we would be hiring 280 more pilots this year. Can't see AC taking that many between October and December.
Yeah that seems like alot. Especially considering a ton of people from list 2.0 are getting pfo'd

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Rupert_Pupkin wrote:
Inverted2 wrote:
Yeah that seems like alot. Especially considering a ton of people from list 2.0 are getting pfo'd
You started another thread asking how many 2.0 are getting PFOd, yet here it appears a ton are.
All I've heard of 2.0 is guys still waiting to hear after the video interview, as for the current hiring, it's a combination of over staffing, based on forecasted attrition to AC and some growth as we take on the new 900s

Rupert_Pupkin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rupert_Pupkin »

mbav8r wrote:
Rupert_Pupkin wrote:
Inverted2 wrote:
You started another thread asking how many 2.0 are getting PFOd, yet here it appears a ton are.
All I've heard of 2.0 is guys still waiting to hear after the video interview, as for the current hiring, it's a combination of over staffing, based on forecasted attrition to AC and some growth as we take on the new 900s
My apologies. I should have said I have heard. I started the other thread to see if there was any truth to it.

Rup

FlyHigh13
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FlyHigh13 »

mbav8r wrote:
Rupert_Pupkin wrote:
Inverted2 wrote:
I was quite surprised at that. I know we are short staffed but I didn't think we would be hiring 280 more pilots this year. Can't see AC taking that many.

Many PML 2.0 people have done actual interviews and medicals. Some have already gone over. AC needs a ton of people coming up.

As for growth, Jazz is losing the 200s and DH1 but may be gaining some 900s. I don't think it's an overall growth.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”