New hire bids

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: New hire bids

Post by KenoraPilot »

Station61 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:18 pm So a new pilot at Jazz, for the foreseeable future, would likely be looking at a western base ? And a hard time bidding back out east to YYZ?
It’s all going to depend on what type you get.

Q400 will have a tough time getting to yyz as the Q base is shrinking. If you get DH8 or RJ you could get to YYZ quickly.
If you want YUL they have all types and haven’t shrunk the base at all so YUL you could likely get to quickly.

YVR Q400 is super short staffed so likely quite a bit of that coming up in the up coming bids.
---------- ADS -----------

Qcumber
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Qcumber »

Can anyone share the latest bid from the Oct 15th GS?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Qcumber wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:04 pm Can anyone share the latest bid from the Oct 15th GS?
All Q400 YVR

LicensedToThrill
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LicensedToThrill »

Oct. 28 GS was all Q400 YVR.

Hilroy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hilroy »

What's happening with the Q in YVR? Is it because of upgrades? Flow? People just moving out of the base?

Last edited by Hilroy on Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master of Cessna 172
It has been 0 days since I've almost died in an airplane.
Never trust a student with fuel and oil.
the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

Does anyone knows the dates for the November and December GS? Has anyone been called for one of them yet?

LicensedToThrill
Rank 1
Rank 1

the-minister31 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:26 am Does anyone knows the dates for the November and December GS? Has anyone been called for one of them yet?
Nov GS has a bunch of GGN I believe.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Hilroy wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:31 am What's happening with the Q in YVQ? Is it because of upgrades? Flow? People just moving out of the base?
All of the above plus for a new hire FO YVR from out of town it’s extremely expensive to live there. Loved the YVR flying I did but unless you have a place to stay it’s pricey out there.

Let’s Go Brandon
Chips&Pops
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chips&Pops »

Hilroy wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:31 am What's happening with the Q in YVQ? Is it because of upgrades? Flow? People just moving out of the base?
The good ol' Norman Wells Q base, competing with Warren up there eh :lol:

Just giver bud
dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

With YVR seeming to be the base for new hires lately and with the high cost of living there what options are there for commuting/crashpads ? And how fast can one bid out the base ?

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

dhc# wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:54 am With YVR seeming to be the base for new hires lately and with the high cost of living there what options are there for commuting/crashpads ? And how fast can one bid out the base ?
Where are you going to bid to? You’re type frozen for at least two years. YYC is too senior, Toronto is even more expensive, and Montreal is about on par with YVR. Maybe cheaper accommodations but cost of living is way higher in UL.

LicensedToThrill
Rank 1
Rank 1

GS's filled up to Christmas from what I am told, mostly GGN for the intake.

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

LicensedToThrill wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:21 am GS's filled up to Christmas from what I am told, mostly GGN for the intake.
Any word on the date of the December course(s), or January?

LicensedToThrill
Rank 1
Rank 1

link821 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:57 am
LicensedToThrill wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:21 am GS's filled up to Christmas from what I am told, mostly GGN for the intake.
I have not heard anything. All I know is all is filled up to pretty much end of December. Without knowing the facts, I doubt Jan. has been filled yet.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

The transfer of flying is scheduled to be completed by the end of February(from memory), while this happens so will the transfer of pilots. I suspect the courses will be mostly GGN until then.

flyguyry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyguyry »

Got the call a few days ago for Decembers course. Looks like it'll be on the 9th, and i'm not from GGN so theres hope

flyguyry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyguyry »

I got the call a few days ago for the December course. Looks like it'll be on the 9th. I'm not from GGN so theres hope

SpicyPilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SpicyPilot »

flyguyry wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:06 am
I got the call a few days ago for the December course. Looks like it'll be on the 9th. I'm not from GGN so theres hope
Flyguyry were you in the pool and if not when did you do your medical. I did my online interview last week of July, Sim September 5, got an email for reference check the following day and did my medical on Sept 13. After that it’s been radio silence.
1100 hours with 250 PIC and ATPL exams written, 750 multi . is this normal? If I was getting PFOd, shouldn’t they have done it by now ?

LicensedToThrill
Rank 1
Rank 1

SpicyPilot wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:45 pm

Flyguyry were you in the pool and if not when did you do your medical. I did my online interview last week of July, Sim September 5, got an email for reference check the following day and did my medical on Sept 13. After that it’s been radio silence.
1100 hours with 250 PIC and ATPL exams written, 750 multi . is this normal? If I was getting PFOd, shouldn’t they have done it by now ?
It is normal. The recruiting department is extremely busy. If you have not heard anything it is a good sign. Give it time.

flyguyry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyguyry »

SpicyPilot wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:45 pm

yeah I was in the pool about the same time as you with similar hours. definitely give it time, what I did was just keep bugging them with emails once every couple weeks, maybe they just had enough of my emails and gave me the job ahah. i hear they have ground schools scheduled for Jan and Feb so like I said just give it time and hopefully you’ll hear back:)

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”