Jazz for Life

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

RayJr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Jazz for Life

Post by RayJr »

Hello,

Many forums talk about how AC is the only company that is 'guaranteed' to still be flying 10, 20 and 50 years from now. Flair, Porter, etc all come with the risk of going the way of CanJet and Lynx.

My Question: Does Jazz/Rouge share the same assurance of AC? Can we assume Jazz (or some other new name) will still be here a generation from now?

I'm new to professional flying. Maybe this is a dumb question. Still curious!

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Jazz for Life

Post by fish4life »

Rouge = Air Canada so it’s the same from a pilots perspective essentially.

Jazz = Chorus aviation and they are at the whim of a contract from AC. A few years ago this flying was being done by a few different carriers in Georgian and sky regional and it may get farmed out to more carriers again down the road if jazz gets too expensive.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 2112 »

The only guarantee in Canadian Aviation is change. You're right, outside of AC nothing is permanent. Many of us go through a "lifer" company shutdown or restructure by the time AC is an option.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

There were many at AC 20 years ago this year who weren’t sure if they were going to have a job. Many ex-Canadian employees were paid out at pennies on the dollar.

Go to the Air Canada sub forum and go way back to the beginning.

Nothing is certain in aviation.

The entire world shut down four years ago and only a spend happy government kept things going (don’t fool yourself.. CERB and CEWS kept employees afloat whilst Air Canada and WJ sat on healthy cash reserves even after mass share buybacks).

The political climate says we no longer have the will or the cash to socialize losses anymore.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I’ve been at Jazz almost 20 years and have been hearing doom and gloom the whole time. We lost flying. We merged in other companies. It’s a rinse and repeat cycle. I’ve never been furloughed. They’ve never missed a paycheque. I have a decent schedule and make decent money. I don’t plan on leaving.

Let’s Go Brandon
Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:03 am I’ve been at Jazz almost 20 years and have been hearing doom and gloom the whole time. We lost flying. We merged in other companies. It’s a rinse and repeat cycle. I’ve never been furloughed. They’ve never missed a paycheque. I have a decent schedule and make decent money. I don’t plan on leaving.
Totally agree

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

RayJr wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:38 pm Hello,

Many forums talk about how AC is the only company that is 'guaranteed' to still be flying 10, 20 and 50 years from now. Flair, Porter, etc all come with the risk of going the way of CanJet and Lynx.

My Question: Does Jazz/Rouge share the same assurance of AC? Can we assume Jazz (or some other new name) will still be here a generation from now?

I'm new to professional flying. Maybe this is a dumb question. Still curious!

Thanks
The only guarantee given(upon entering the world) is that you will exit it at some point in time. Everything between now and exit time will come and go like a Garrison Red beer fart on the Halifax Waterfront.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”