Need advice on RAIC pass in Toronto

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

diamond691
Rank 0
Rank 0

Need advice on RAIC pass in Toronto

Post by diamond691 »

Hi Guys!!
I got hired at YYZ for an airline. I don't travel or anything, just a simple job at the airport. I am really worried because they asked me about my husband/common law info. I am definitely NOT married but I put down common law because this is what I put on my taxes and I wanted to be totally honest with them. Here is my problem: My common law has been in trouble in the past. He had a drug trafficking charge that he has plead guilty to years ago and did a few weeks in jail. I am really scared because this has absolutely NOTHING to do with me and I don't want this to drag on with my name.
ANY ADVICE?
I don't want to go through this entire process and then I get totally embarrassed over someone elses criminal record.
I did some reading and read a few articles about women who have been in the same position , but it looks like the man they were with were connected to organized crime. They got their RAIC cards revoked! He is definitely NOT organized crime but has been interview by them in the past because of the case he had pending. He was just a stupid kid that wanted quick cash.

PLEASE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE YOU MAY HAVE. I am going crazy I cant stop thinking about what can happen.. its not fair but what can I do :( :cry:
---------- ADS -----------

Redwine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Need advice on RAIC pass in Toronto

Post by Redwine »

I'm afraid there is not much you can do but to wait and see what the outcome will be. Drug trafficking and airport jobs don't mix well. It has nothing to do with you, but in the minds of the powers that be is another story. It sucks, I know. My advice would be to stay away from druggies.
Best wishes all the same...

...Seems they are going to remove the axe and the control column from the cockpits for security reasons.
TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Need advice on RAIC pass in Toronto

Post by TheStig »

Being honest on your application was the right thing to do. The case about the Agent in YYZ who lost their RAIC (and had it reissued if I'm not mistaken) had affiliations to organized criminals. I'd suspect you'll be just fine, glad your partner has turned their life around, enjoy your new job.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”