Jazz splitting into 2 airlines?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

airq
Rank 0
Rank 0

Jazz splitting into 2 airlines?

Post by airq »

I was reading though the CPA agreement that was signed though Air Canada in 2015, and read something that sort of alarmed me.

"In order to achieve the right economics with the older fleet of Dash 8-100 and Dash 8-300 aircraft, the business will consist of two operating units. The first unit, which is Jazz, will transition to a mix of larger, newer aircraft comprised of Q400, CRJ 200 and CRJ705 aircraft. The creation of a second airline will address the requirement for improved economics of the older Dash 8-100/300 fleet. This unit will be similar to Air Canada's rouge as it will have its own work force."

I then looked through the actual CPA presentation PDF and it clearly states there that at some point there will be a branch off of the crj+q400 vs the dhc8-100
"The to-be-formed classic airline will shrink in size over time to accommodate the addition of Q400s, replacing older, less efficient Dash 8-100s that have a higher value in alternative uses"

Is this still taking place? What benefit is there doing this? If it is happening, then does anyone have a timeline of when they are doing this suposed split? Will it be different payscales....etc...
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Jazz splitting into 2 airlines?

Post by Inverted2 »

That idea was floated in 2015 but it was more of a threat tactic by management to get the unions to sign up for mediocre 10 year contracts than anything else. They shelved the idea once they got what they wanted.
---------- ADS -----------

Let’s Go Brandon

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”