Schedules

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Flash8
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Schedules

Post by Flash8 »

New hires coming to Jazz with 150.1 hours of PIC will be a new normal. I came here with 2500 hours, but some hours short of my atpl, and not enough financial resources to rent a 172 for 50 more hours. Likewise I also think 50 hours in 172 vfr will not be as beneficial as 100 hours being assessed under picus. As for an LOA to fly a 185 or a navajo up north? Had a buddy who was already denied, and am confident i will have the same result given our staffing levels.

As someone who will rely on the program to get my last few hours of PIC I want to see the program succeed and not be seen as some roundabout way of padding logbooks, but as a way of assessing attitude, strengths, weaknesses etc that can be addressed. I would agree 1500 hours and 250 in a 172 is not enough time to get behind the capt wheel of a dash/Q/RJ, what is the right amount of time? I dont know, but I think a lot of it is attitude, maturity, and good recommendations from other captains/sim.

Maybe our upgrade eligibility system needs to be examined, especially for lower time candidates like myself. An upgrade hours matrix like encore? Maybe the picus program is something you need to apply and get admitted to based on TT, sim reports and recommendations from other captains, and if there were enough LTCs, set aside a numbet of pairings each month. Its all wishful thinking but its my two cents. I have seen individuals at various other companies with PICUS programs take advantage of it successfully and would like to see the same here.
---------- ADS -----------

Stan Darsh
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Stan Darsh »

Shady McSly
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Shady McSly »

God help the travelling public (and commuters) when these PICUS peeps really start upgrading...

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”