DE Captains ?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

loopy
Rank 8
Rank 8

DE Captains ?

Post by loopy »

I keep hearing that the current environment is going to force Jazz into hiring DE Captains sooner or later. Anyone with a cut all data on that?
---------- ADS -----------

Kapitanov
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: DE Captains ?

Post by Kapitanov »

DE captains are highly unlikely. The only way this could happen is if there are no qualified pilots on the seniority list who have bid to fill vacancies. Unless Jazz starts hiring low time F/Os only, there will always be someone qualified and willing to fill a captain vacancy.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Kapitanov wrote:DE captains are highly unlikely. The only way this could happen is if there are no qualified pilots on the seniority list who have bid to fill vacancies. Unless Jazz starts hiring low time F/Os only, there will always be someone qualified and willing to fill a captain vacancy.
Exactly. Even guys like myself, that have not been at Jazz for that long have ATPLs, good 3000+ hrs total time and some sort of command on a 703, 704 turbine aircraft. I doubt there will be a need for that anytime soon.

However, it's aviation... never say "never"

Das ist mir wurst...
swervin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by swervin »

I agree we have no need for DE captains, but we do need to start putting some minimum requirements for going Captain here. I'd personally like to see a potential upgrade candidate have a minimum of 4000 hours, or 4-5 full years at a 705 operator...

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

If they did that, they wouldn't have any Captains because everyone would move on to AC before then.

I doubt we'll see that happen, but I guess you can never say never.

mato
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mato »

Swervin just totalled the logbook... grand total 3982.5 :lol:

While I can see that upgrades should not be handed out solely for holding the seniority, not sure we need to set some hour figure. If you hold the TC requirement, and complete the upgrade to the standard required that should do. 4000 hours is not a defining moment of competency.

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Would the insurance company have a say on min hours for the left seat?

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”