PML 2.0

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

iamnomaverick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: PML 2.0

Post by iamnomaverick »

goingnowherefast wrote:This has got to be the most tedious thread drift in history.
"Oh, WJ made me slow down"
"Well Jazz made me slow down"
My lord your lives must be boring if you complain about such menial shit.
So how about PML 2.0?
Exactly! It is the new kind of airline pilots... Makes me miss the days when pilots had to spend upwards of 8 years up north and have 5000+ hours before they could even dream of the right seat on a 705 machine.
---------- ADS -----------

tallyho
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tallyho »

Hey all, i have an upcoming video interview. Can someone provide we with some info about what to expect? Much appreciated, Tallyho

Flyguy13
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flyguy13 »

tallyho wrote:Hey all, i have an upcoming video interview. Can someone provide we with some info about what to expect? Much appreciated, Tallyho

There's a thread just below this one called video interview take a look there a lot of information

tallyho
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tallyho »

Thanks Flyguy, not sure how i missed that

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

So by my count, there are still what, 105ish left from V1.0 here? How many are going to stay? How many are going to move across?

I also looked at the most recent list. 581 here on the new contract. Thats almost half the pilot populace.. and add another 15-20 every 3 weeks....

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

iamnomaverick wrote:
goingnowherefast wrote:This has got to be the most tedious thread drift in history.
"Oh, WJ made me slow down"
"Well Jazz made me slow down"
My lord your lives must be boring if you complain about such menial shit.
So how about PML 2.0?
Exactly! It is the new kind of airline pilots... Makes me miss the days when pilots had to spend upwards of 8 years up north and have 5000+ hours before they could even dream of the right seat on a 705 machine.
You miss that? Why?

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Because then they appreciated what they had. They look back on their hard work and fond memories from their past. When you used to fight with customers over loads, something like the plane in front taxiing a little slow doesn't even raise an eyebrow. You are making 43 grand starting base pay on a dash classic with a green "Jazz" written in funny letters across the side. Dispatch makes the flight plans and decides what goes in the back. No fighting with Joe Public about his suit case anymore. The plane breaks? Well call maintenance, don't have to break into the terminal after hours and argue with the on-call mechanic when he says "oh just fly it home, you'll be fine".

Now, there are 1000hr FOs who just raced through their first 703 company. Quit half way through their upgrade training, screwing their boss and now go on the internet and complain that yesterday a plane taxiied slowly.

Rupert_Pupkin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rupert_Pupkin »

goingnowherefast wrote:Because then they appreciated what they had. They look back on their hard work and fond memories from their past. When you used to fight with customers over loads, something like the plane in front taxiing a little slow doesn't even raise an eyebrow. You are making 43 grand starting base pay on a dash classic with a green "Jazz" written in funny letters across the side. Dispatch makes the flight plans and decides what goes in the back. No fighting with Joe Public about his suit case anymore. The plane breaks? Well call maintenance, don't have to break into the terminal after hours and argue with the on-call mechanic when he says "oh just fly it home, you'll be fine".

Now, there are 1000hr FOs who just raced through their first 703 company. Quit half way through their upgrade training, screwing their boss and now go on the internet and complain that yesterday a plane taxiied slowly.
I wish I was making 43 thousand!

Tail-Chaser
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Tail-Chaser »

goingnowherefast wrote:Because then they appreciated what they had. They look back on their hard work and fond memories from their past. When you used to fight with customers over loads, something like the plane in front taxiing a little slow doesn't even raise an eyebrow. You are making 43 grand starting base pay on a dash classic with a green "Jazz" written in funny letters across the side. Dispatch makes the flight plans and decides what goes in the back. No fighting with Joe Public about his suit case anymore. The plane breaks? Well call maintenance, don't have to break into the terminal after hours and argue with the on-call mechanic when he says "oh just fly it home, you'll be fine".

Maybe because they value being closer to family? Actual benefits? Starting wages that are still better than their 703 pittance? I dunno, basically every aspect of 705? They sure seemed to appreciate 705 life enough to know 703 had little to offer them.

infiniteregulus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by infiniteregulus »

I don't think a fresh CPL would distinguish the different nuances of 705 vs 703 but rather the total image associated with the company and the one that hires first. You don't have to read AC's CBA to assume it's probably better than what flying a 172 can offer. Not to mention to the big shinny metal! :lol:

Hudson
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hudson »

Does anyone here know if Jazz has had to ask AC to slow down the number of people being hired from the PML?

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”