PML 2.0

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: PML 2.0

Post by mbav8r »

Fair enough, I have no excuse, our performance is slipping and no doubt the shortage of experienced pilots is having an effect. Maybe this will trigger some competition and the pay will start to come back up. Jazz is upgrading pilots now in their 1st year, we are going to need more experienced pilots if this trend continues not to mention these pilots upgrading are also at Jazz with one foot out the door to AC, once the AC machine starts up again this fall, all I can say is I hope we are ahead of the curve or our numbers will slip further. Imho.
I rescind my lying accusation from earlier post, was given bad info.
---------- ADS -----------

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

20-40 new hires a month and lots of the experience leaving off the top to AC. It's a recipe for a decrease in the quality of service for sure. Still lotsa great people their who have been for a while BUT......

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

iflyroads wrote:Gate agents report the door closed or gate closed time as out times on the 1900 at GGN this is matched with what the pilot reports. The RJ has ACARS.

Not sure about sky.

It would be great if we could report gate closed times as time out. %99 of the time we are waiting on the ramp crew for bag numbers (so the door stays open and ACARS won't register brake drop) or for them to hook up the tug. Especially at AC bases with AC ground crews.... I can count on one hand the amount of times we've been late to push due to the flight crew. Most of the time we're sitting there twiddling our thumbs.

On time performance as a method of measuring success is ridiculous because it relies on too many outside factors that are out of our control as a flight crew.

It also doesn't help that AC schedules flights in international with 30-40 min turns. Add an inbound flight that had some "westjet delay vectors" or flow and now the outbound flight is late. Add an airstart due to INOP APU or a tow from domestic to international and everything gets even more fucked up.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Black_Tusk wrote:
Add an inbound flight that had some "westjet delay vectors" or flow and now the outbound flight is late.
WTH is a 'westjet delay vector' :?:

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

North Shore wrote:
Black_Tusk wrote:
Add an inbound flight that had some "westjet delay vectors" or flow and now the outbound flight is late.

It's when you're following in Westjet on arrival and they transition at 230-250kts slowing down everyone behind them doing 290kts+.

seniorpumpkin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by seniorpumpkin »

Has anyone without a degree so much as had an in person interview with PML 2.0? Seems like everyone I've heard about getting hired has a degree. Is there any hope for us uneducated simpletons?

Last edited by seniorpumpkin on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flying airplanes is easy, you just need to PAY ATTENTION. Finding a good job on the other hand takes experience, practice, and some serious talent.
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

No degree here, just a diploma and a certificate and I've done the video interview and then heard nothing but crickets..

seniorpumpkin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by seniorpumpkin »

Same here, I think you were hired about 2 months before me Rowdy. Lots of very talented people above me who have been waiting for a long time after doing the video interview.

Flying airplanes is easy, you just need to PAY ATTENTION. Finding a good job on the other hand takes experience, practice, and some serious talent.
Maver!ck
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Maver!ck »

seniorpumpkin wrote:Has anyone without a degree so much as had an in person interview with PML 2.0? Seems like everyone I've heard about getting hired has a degree. Is there any hope for us uneducated simpletons?
Ive heard a few guys without university degrees getting emails for in person interview sometime in June.

Air Canada has probably processed everyone one on the "2nd PML" with university degrees and college program degrees so they are down to us "uneducated fools" ??

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

I am also in the pool of folks who have completed the video interview, but haven't heard anything since. I have an aviation college diploma from Conestoga College.

The wait is tough, but it is certainly nothing like some of the other folks in the OTS have gone through so I consider myself lucky.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
cost.index777
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cost.index777 »

skypirate88 wrote:I am also in the pool of folks who have completed the video interview, but haven't heard anything since. I have an aviation college diploma from Conestoga College.

The wait is tough, but it is certainly nothing like some of the other folks in the OTS have gone through so I consider myself lucky.
I understand the PFO comes within 2 weeks. If you haven't heard no after 2 weeks, you're banked for the in person process.

Anyone experience anything different?

"Crewsched is the tamest animal on the planet when they need help. When you're in a bind, "Sorry, we can't accommodate that." :lol:
skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

cost.index777 wrote:
skypirate88 wrote:I am also in the pool of folks who have completed the video interview, but haven't heard anything since. I have an aviation college diploma from Conestoga College.

I understand the PFO comes within 2 weeks. If you haven't heard no after 2 weeks, you're banked for the in person process.

Anyone experience anything different?
I wasn't aware of that but nice to know if that is the case. I am not terribly concerned at this point. I am having a lot of fun where I sit at Jazz

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

I know someone through the whole process from PML 2.0. Aviation college diploma only and is waiting on a GS date.

Canada340
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Canada340 »

Black_Tusk wrote:I know someone through the whole process from PML 2.0. Aviation college diploma only and is waiting on a GS date.
From which college if you don't mind me asking? I'm wondering if they're now prioritizing diplomas from certain flight colleges?

Cheers

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

Canada340 wrote:
Black_Tusk wrote:I know someone through the whole process from PML 2.0. Aviation college diploma only and is waiting on a GS date.
From which college if you don't mind me asking? I'm wondering if they're now prioritizing diplomas from certain flight colleges?

Cheers
Probably Seneca, they are the best hands down. I heard they invented flying and there even is a rumour saying they taught birds how to do it!
They should have a flow through to Nasa.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Actually, no. I'm sure there are loads of Seneca grads who flowed through but the Confed diploma seems to be enough these days.

mantogasrsrwy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mantogasrsrwy »

Black_Tusk wrote:
North Shore wrote:
Black_Tusk wrote:

It's when you're following in Westjet on arrival and they transition at 230-250kts slowing down everyone behind them doing 290kts+.
So you are flying a 999 cost index while Westjet is flying slower than zero? Wow, it's pretty rare I see either of those. The RJ must be a sleek machine if it's coming down efficiently at 290Kts+

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

mantogasrsrwy wrote:
Black_Tusk wrote:
North Shore wrote:

So you are flying a 999 cost index while Westjet is flying slower than zero? Wow, it's pretty rare I see either of those. The RJ must be a sleek machine if it's coming down efficiently at 290Kts+
SOP is idle descent at 4*/290kts.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Yep, SOP .74/290 and I've been slowed to 250 by ATC and they cleared WJ ahead to speed up to 250, we complied and somehow on the same track we were still closing the gap, ATC asked WJ to confirm they were doing 250 and they responded "affirmative", they seemed to be lying because we were slowed even further, 230 and guess what the gap remained constant from that point on.

Last edited by mbav8r on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

I'm definetly not part of team-teal, but I love how WestJet is being bashed on a thread about the PML. Haha, 'they lied'. So Jazz!

What was the wind gradient during that descent, mbav8r?
How quickly did you slow to 250?
What was the vertical separation?
How much of TAS difference was there?
Was the controller new by any chance?

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”