Entire application process timeline?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Entire application process timeline?

Post by co-joe »

Pt6-42 wrote:So I'm coming up to 4 weeks and still nothing. If jazz wants to pfo you will they now just not email you?
4 weeks from applying, from the interview, the sim, the medical, the criminal background check, or from the reference calls? :lol: what a process.
---------- ADS -----------

bearitus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bearitus »

Applied in late July, did the first interview in late August. They told me I passed the interview but I don't have enough experience for the sim eval so I have to wait a few months for that. I admit I am not the highest time pilot (1300 hours or so) but if I don't have enough experience why did they call me for an interview in the first place?

Rupert_Pupkin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rupert_Pupkin »

bearitus wrote:Applied in late July, did the first interview in late August. They told me I passed the interview but I don't have enough experience for the sim eval so I have to wait a few months for that. I admit I am not the highest time pilot (1300 hours or so) but if I don't have enough experience why did they call me for an interview in the first place?
Do you have any multi time? or just single engine time?

RP

bearitus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bearitus »

I do although only about 250 or so hours as a turboprop FO.

Vguysbuhd
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Vguysbuhd »

bearitus wrote:Applied in late July, did the first interview in late August. They told me I passed the interview but I don't have enough experience for the sim eval so I have to wait a few months for that. I admit I am not the highest time pilot (1300 hours or so) but if I don't have enough experience why did they call me for an interview in the first place?
I find this quite interesting, I have never heard of this happening before. Has this happened to anyone else?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

That's very odd as I was talking to a Sim Eval Captain and he was saying he Had just recently done a sim eval on a 780TT guy. ???? Odd

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

That is strange. I friend of mine is currently doing indoc on the q. He came here with 1000 hours, although most of it was multi 705 stuff.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
Captain X
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Captain X »

We had a guy leave our outfit with around 1000 hrs or maybe less. He had flown a light jet from 250tt until leaving for jazz.

yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yycinformer »

Anyone have any update on time from application until contact?

yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yycinformer »

Update - got a call this morning. 2 weeks from hitting submit to call, had 2 internal references. they're only running one gs a month, June is full.

SouthSideYVR
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SouthSideYVR »

Congrats yycinformer!

Wondering what your total time is? PIC? What kind of operation were you in before?

Thanks.

yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yycinformer »

2000+ TT, 1200+ PIC, 1000+ ME PIC, 702,3,4,5

emilybrooke787
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by emilybrooke787 »

yycinformer wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:19 pm Update - got a call this morning. 2 weeks from hitting submit to call, had 2 internal references. they're only running one gs a month, June is full.
I heard the June GS was full, did they give July Ground school date? Im just waiting back for a call now..

Last edited by emilybrooke787 on Mon May 14, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emilybrooke787
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by emilybrooke787 »

Congrats!

yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yycinformer »

emilybrooke787 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:50 pm
yycinformer wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:19 pm Update - got a call this morning. 2 weeks from hitting submit to call, had 2 internal references. they're only running one gs a month, June is full.
I heard the June GS was full, did they give July Ground school date? Im just waiting back for a call now..
No specific date, only "July" and thanks!

ap3hause
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ap3hause »

Did anyone receive a call from Jazz since the beginning of Jan? Any interview invites going out currently? I sent in my application two weeks back haven't heard from them since. Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stayls »

ap3hause wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:05 am Did anyone receive a call from Jazz since the beginning of Jan? Any interview invites going out currently? I sent in my application two weeks back haven't heard from them since. Any info is appreciated. Thank you.
maybe you should check another discussion. I think they are on a hold right now. waiting for the vote result.

here is the link.

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=124779&start=200

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Jazz will run an equipment bid for current pilots within the next 2 weeks.

If the recent contract amendment is rejected, the equipment bid will reflect fleet from the existing CPA with Air Canada. There will be a need for OTS hiring due to attrition.

If the recent contract amendment is approved, the equipment bid will reflect fleet from the ammended CPA with Air Canada which will include 12 CRJ200’s (and associated routes) plus 5 additional CRJ900’s. It will also include the removal from service of 8 Q400’s. As interested GGN pilots will be eligible to bid for vacancies, the need for OTS hiring may slow temporarily until attrition to AC depletes the GGN pilot surplus.

The need for Jazz to interview and offer employment to OTS candidates will be affected accordingly. It is estimated that with the acceptance of the contract amendment that up to 500 Jazz pilots will move to AC over the next 23 months.

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

rudder wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:51 pm Jazz will run an equipment bid for current pilots within the next 2 weeks.

If the recent contract amendment is rejected, the equipment bid will reflect fleet from the existing CPA with Air Canada. There will be a need for OTS hiring due to attrition.

If the recent contract amendment is approved, the equipment bid will reflect fleet from the ammended CPA with Air Canada which will include 12 CRJ200’s (and associated routes) plus 5 additional CRJ900’s. It will also include the removal from service of 8 Q400’s. As interested GGN pilots will be eligible to bid for vacancies, the need for OTS hiring may slow temporarily until attrition to AC depletes the GGN pilot surplus.

The need for Jazz to interview and offer employment to OTS candidates will be affected accordingly. It is estimated that with the acceptance of the contract amendment that up to 500 Jazz pilots will move to AC over the next 23 months.
Interesting...
Do you know the numbers regarding pilot in the pool vs ggn pilot in one GS?
Will ggn pilots have all the slots ? Or we could assume 50/50 in a GS?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Babar350 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:44 pm
Interesting...
Do you know the numbers regarding pilot in the pool vs ggn pilot in one GS?
Will ggn pilots have all the slots ? Or we could assume 50/50 in a GS?
If the contract amendment is approved, the participating GGN pilots would get seniority spots on the Jazz Pilot Seniority List that equate to their Date of Hire at GGN as a pilot.

Therefore, participating GGN pilots would be bidding as Jazz pilots to fill vacancies. Accordingly, participating GGN pilots take precedence over all pilots not yet hired by Jazz (OTS).

OTS hiring would continue as migrating participating GGN pilots and the CRJ200’s to Jazz will take several months. But likely OTS hiring will slow during that period.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”