Possible to bid for more than one base?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Delta602
Rank 0
Rank 0

Possible to bid for more than one base?

Post by Delta602 »

Thinking about starting the application process soon. Is it possible to bid for more than one base?

For example I expect I would likely get classic in Montreal, but could I put in a request for Vancouver and Calgary and then take the first one of those two that get approved?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Magnetron
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Possible to bid for more than one base?

Post by Magnetron »

You can put any base and any position you want in the order of your priority and it will get awarded that way whatever has open spots.
So if you prefer one over the other, you could put that 1st then the other 2nd and then your current position 3rd (if you don't want any other bases).

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

Then once you are online you can bid any position in any base and even qualify ( the number of pilots below you in seniority in that position) that position. However you can't qualify your current position, although nobody seems to know why.

Delta602
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Delta602 »

Thanks for the replies.

Given the choice what would be the best equipment to get a base out west? Either YVR or YYC

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Q400 or RJ.

There are so many vacancies right now, and things change every month. Just bid the plane you want/can get and you'll likely be at your preferred base within a few months. Keep in mind if you want a quick upgrade you'll likely have to go to YUL for it...

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

Black tusk hit it spot on... try to avoid the classic if you can. Very small roster in YYC.
Any aircraft is great, you will like it here!

Good luck at the draw.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”