Commuting/Transfering

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Commuting/Transfering

Post by HansDietrich »

KenoraPilot wrote:
av8ts wrote:
HansDietrich wrote:
Yeah. I never thought about that... I guess eh? Don't I feel stupid now! ***bows head in shame***
Even though the COM says no RAIC required, nobody rides in my jumpseat without one. That way I at least know there has been a background check done. I refused a manager the jumpseat one day because he didn’t have his RAIC. I never heard anything about it after

So does that mean you don’t fly with FOs that have a yellow RAIC as they don’t have a security clearance yet?
Well, I think that's the way it should be.

1. Nobody is allowed in the flight deck without a valid full RAIC (Including crew operating that flight)
2. Make RAIC background checks faster, that way we don't have to have yellow RAICs...

There is a solution to this... make the process more efficient... How? I don't know. I don't work in security services. Find a way... Stop throwing money at usless things and invest it where it's needed.
---------- ADS -----------

Das ist mir wurst...
Splash
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Splash »

av8ts wrote:
HansDietrich wrote:
digits_ wrote:
Lol, even the captain could possibly have no RAIC. The RAIC has no effect on board the plane, it's just for easier airport access.
Yeah. I never thought about that... I guess eh? Don't I feel stupid now! ***bows head in shame***
Even though the COM says no RAIC required, nobody rides in my jumpseat without one. That way I at least know there has been a background check done. I refused a manager the jumpseat one day because he didn’t have his RAIC. I never heard anything about it after
All Jazz employees technically have access to ride jumpseat at the captain's discretion, it's worth noting that employees outside of air crew and those that work at category I and II airports will not have a RAIC. I'm thinking of those employees at small stations whose only way to travel at times is to request the jumpseat. Small airports require all employees to have a criminal background check that's done at a local police station and are then issued a local airport ID card which is not technically a RAIC as we know it, I believe that policy is mandated by Transport Canada. There are probably many that work in the head office in Halifax that have nothing.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

There's 2 different things here, one is physically riding in the jumpseat and the other is the jumpseat agreement. A pilot from Air Creebec can for example use the reciprocal jumpseat agreement and fly on Jazz. I don't know if they have RAIC passes at these companies or not. A Creebec or Bearskin pilot cannot ride in the actual jumpseat on a Jazz aircraft.

Let’s Go Brandon

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”