Applying from out of country

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

vitek204
Rank 0
Rank 0

Applying from out of country

Post by vitek204 »

Good Evening,

First of all in my defense I'll say that yes, I am Canadian and thus have the right to work in Canada and also I have read through the first two pages of this board and have not found a post or reply with a question like mine. If I missed it I do apologize.

Anyhow, I plan to shoot the application to Jazz in the coming weeks but there is an obstacle, I have been living out of the country for the last several years flying in Europe. From what I understand the second "stage" of the process (if they like my resume) is that I would get a phone call from HR. This is the part that concerns me. Would they still call me international or maybe contact me via email or what not?

Thanks for any input!

P.S. I've got no problems buying a ticket home if it gets to the interview phase and see family and friends in the process, it's this small technical detail that bothers me.
---------- ADS -----------

Nox
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Applying from out of country

Post by Nox »

I had the exact same issue. I had to "modify" my CV to a Canadian address and phone number. I was contacted nearly immediately for the interview process. Best of luck.

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Applying from out of country

Post by prop2jet »

You also have to remember that you have to be able to hold a RAIC. If you have been out of country for more than 90 days then you have to ensure that you can obtain whatever security checks from whatever country you have been residing in can be accessed by the RCMP. At the very least it is worth a call to find out what you might need or what if any problems you could potentially encounter when obtaining the RAIC. Keep in mind that one of the stipulations for employment is that you can hold a RAIC. Perhaps this is why using a foreign contact address is pointless.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”