PFOed then hired by Jazz?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Mike1985
Rank 0
Rank 0

PFOed then hired by Jazz?

Post by Mike1985 »

Hi guys. Has any one of you guys heard of anyone getting hired on the second try(after 8-9 months) after getting PFOed ? Just curious.
---------- ADS -----------

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: PFOed then hired by Jazz?

Post by Black_Tusk »

Yes I know a few.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Mike1985 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:01 am Has any one of you guys heard of anyone getting hired on the second try(after 8-9 months) after getting PFOed ? Just curious.
Of course. A lot can change in 8-9 months and someone who just barely missed the cutoff then could easily tick all the boxes now.

AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AvifiskAlly »

lownslow wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:22 pm
Mike1985 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:01 am Has any one of you guys heard of anyone getting hired on the second try(after 8-9 months) after getting PFOed ? Just curious.
Of course. A lot can change in 8-9 months and someone who just barely missed the cutoff then could easily tick all the boxes now.

100% for sure if the PFO was due to flying qualifications and you have added experience. If it was for education and nothing changed probably not. If the PFO was due to cog/med/personality or worse yet, a bad internal or external reference then not a chance.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

I know a number of individuals that tried getting on with Jazz and they did not make it. One of them, started prepping for the interview the night before. That's a little ridiculous. Even if you have the experience, you must be able to present that. Behavioral type interviews are not easy. Unless you're amazing at improvising on the spot, you need to practice your answers.

Q: Tell us a time when you were quick to make a decision that had a negative outcome!

So how do you answer that on the spot? Using the standard S.T.A.R.E. approach (Situation, Task, Action, Result, Evaluation,) it takes a bit of practice to come across clear, concise and to the point.

Personally I started prepping for the interview as soon as they called me and offered it. I even went above and beyond and had someone help me out with this, practiced it with my wife and went over and over the questions again and again. Lucky for me, I had a lot of experience up North and encountered just about every scenario out there.

So to summarize: Practice and Prep for your interview, sim eval, etc.

Das ist mir wurst...
mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

HansDietrich wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:45 am One of them, started prepping for the interview the night before. That's a little ridiculous. Even if you have the experience, you must be able to present that. Behavioral type interviews are not easy.
Haha, I prepared late the night before. My answer to “tell us about a time you made a mistake” was “I forgot to load the bags” 😂. I don’t recommended this approach. But it worked out for me. You have to to seriously botch the interview these days. But it’s super straightforward, and lasts less than half an hour. It was Skype format. Wear a nice shirt and tie. Pants are optional.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

mixturerich wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:46 pm
HansDietrich wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:45 am One of them, started prepping for the interview the night before. That's a little ridiculous. Even if you have the experience, you must be able to present that. Behavioral type interviews are not easy.
Haha, I prepared late the night before. My answer to “tell us about a time you made a mistake” was “I forgot to load the bags” 😂. I don’t recommended this approach. But it worked out for me. You have to to seriously botch the interview these days. But it’s super straightforward, and lasts less than half an hour. It was Skype format. Wear a nice shirt and tie. Pants are optional.
You must be more talented than the rest of us or Jazz is really getting desperate. I don't know if I'd be able to wing it like that. It doesn't help that English is not my first language either. None the less, I don't recommend starting to prep the night before.

Das ist mir wurst...
confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Unless you already know the questions in advance, I've always found it most impossible to prepare for ...tell me when, tell me how, tell me tell me tell me......questions. Most HR questions, (and I know many secretly agree), are pretty stupid, so I think the exercise comes up to observing your overall composure in the face of having those proverbial hockey pucks shot at you and how well you deflect them.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
Stretcher
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Stretcher »

Mike1985 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:01 am Hi guys. Has any one of you guys heard of anyone getting hired on the second try(after 8-9 months) after getting PFOed ? Just curious.
I was hired on my second go.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”