Jazz aviation- pool of Candidates

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Simonhongseoupyun
Rank 0
Rank 0

Jazz aviation- pool of Candidates

Post by Simonhongseoupyun »

Hi.
I applied for the AME Apprentice position on nov and i got a call for the interview on end of Jan.
After that, they called me for the medical test and criminal background check in the week after the interview. I cleared all the process so they called two of my supervisors in current workplace for reference check.

After all, i got an email saying that there is no more opening for apprentice so they put me in the pool of candidates. In this case , is there any more possibility that i can get hired in the future, or should i give it up on it?

This is the e mail what i got this morning.

Thank you for taking the time to participate in the recruitment process for the position of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. This email is to advise you that while your application remains in good standing, we currently only have openings for Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers. Therefore, your application has been added to our pool of candidates.

Please note that should our requirements change, you will be considered for future hiring. In addition to keeping your contact information up to date on your online profile, please also keep your application up to date by:

1. Updating your answers to the questions you answered when you applied (Questionnaire); and
2. Attaching an updated resume.

We thank you for your interest in our organization and thank you again for the time you have given the recruitment process. If you have any questions or would like your application removed from the pool, please let me know.

Best regards,
---------- ADS -----------

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Jazz aviation- pool of Candidates

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

there is a pool for even for pilots now. dont know what's going on at Jazz. Maybe they are overstaffed? any input would be appreciated.

Air.Field
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Air.Field »

I would say properly staffed for todays' conditions. Hiring continues. Latest gs was 10. Down from what was happening last year. However I imagine hiring continuing every month as those flow onto AC of similar amount.

JetSetter87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JetSetter87 »

Anybody else in the pool care to elaborate....??

1. Date put in the pool?

2. How long they been in the pool?

3. If they got hired, wait time?

4. Experience..?

I have a feeling they might be pooling lower time guys now since they are a bit slow...

Any body with some inside scoops!!!

Did a medical last week and waiting now......

flyguy85
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyguy85 »

1. Got an email March 13 that I was successful in the recruitment process and have been placed in the pool.

2. Still swimming

3. Still swimming

4. 2000+ hrs

FlybywFries
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlybywFries »

Are you still waiting? I feel you on that big time, at least your in the pool.
I find the recruitment process so very flawed. Here I am, Just passed 1500 hours. Have had my application sitting which surpasses all the requirements by miles.

Jazz: Let's not even bother looking at his application and instead send 3 of his students through. Haha I was shocked. How you overlook someone who taught those successful candidates the majority of their pilot ability is beyond me. It is what it is.

Patience is a virtue I guess right :shock:

pianokeys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by pianokeys »

FlybywFries wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:57 pm Are you still waiting? I feel you on that big time, at least your in the pool.
I find the recruitment process so very flawed. Here I am, Just passed 1500 hours. Have had my application sitting which surpasses all the requirements by miles.

Jazz: Let's not even bother looking at his application and instead send 3 of his students through. Haha I was shocked. How you overlook someone who taught those successful candidates the majority of their pilot ability is beyond me. It is what it is.

Maybe your attitude is why youre still waiting for a job...

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

FlybywFries wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:57 pm Are you still waiting? I feel you on that big time, at least your in the pool.

If I had to fly with someone as entitled as you, I'd book off. Jazz owes you absolutely nothing.

Ps, go follow thisisyourcaptainpuking. Unless you already do. You're famous.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

You surpass the requirements by miles? :lol: :lol:

You only have 1,500 hours.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Must be another Nicky nick troll .... Or at least I really hope so ...

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
VeeDriver94
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by VeeDriver94 »

pianokeys wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:49 am

Maybe your attitude is why youre still waiting for a job...
I didn't want to dig into this subject but I am totally agree with you mate......I sincelery don't like to see those kind of posts and specifically the word "surpasses", don't make me mad please and stay humble, humble and respectful. I will always remember what my instructor told me at the sim last week, " while we check your flying procedures, we strongly evaluate the attitude ".

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

This thread made me giggle.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”